• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dads wisdom...

The funniest words of wisdom from my dad came after a divorce and he wanted to tell me something, had a real strange look one his face, but was hesitant finally I said Dad what's wrong you and mom okay?
Then the words of wisdom came out, (extremely heavy Sicilian accent) "Son ifa you gonna toss a nut usea the rubber."

I thanked him and said of course. I am happy that my father loved and cared for me to the point he would tell me something that was clearly uncomfortable for him. I miss you dad.

My grandpa: Boy, you could tear up a anvil.
1590632602224409444630849133909.jpg
I miss him.

Like a lot of men of his time, my Dad, a WWII Navy Veteran, didn't talk much...
Consequently, when he said something profound--About once every two years or so on average--If you weren't paying attention, you might miss it...

Once, after one of my sainted Mother's still-unexplained crying spells, the old man looked at me, shook his head wistfully and said, "Son, if you ever think you have a woman figured out--ANY woman--Check yourself into the nearest BIN..."

At fourteen or so years of age I had just an inkling of the profundity of that simple statement, but as I've gotten older I have come to believe my Dad just might be the SMARTEST MAN I ever knew... :)

Back
Top Bottom