• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dads wisdom...

"Don't tell your Mom". My Dad and Mom disagreed on a lot of things a young boy should be doing.

Another...I had a habit of flipping switches on and off repeatedly. He would say, "You know, they only make those things to last so many times...you're gonna wear it out in one day".

Son, if Brains were Dynamite, you couldn't blow your nose!

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, don't mean you should give it any attention!

I'm nervous as a long tailed Tom in a room full of rockers.....

And the best-

"Just because you can, don't mean you should!" This one My son has learned that through the school of hard knocks.

Lost Dad in 1988, hear most of these in my head every week.......................

Being raised on a ranch I heard some very smart wisdom from my dad. He said “You aren’t in the cattle business, your in the grass business. You can lose all your money and all your cattle, but never lose your grass because with good grass country you can get the other 2 back”. When I was young and he had me breaking colts I was somewhat hesitant to get on the ones that were bad to buck and he would say “you more scared of that horse or me”?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My dad was a quiet, happy man.

"If you can't say something that improves upon the silence, don't say anything."

But if asked how he was...

"I'm happier than a puppy with two peters!"

But the two I try to live by are these...
One for dealing with people "Never try to teach a pig to sing, it wastes your time and it annoys the pig."

And one for my daily life
"If you ain't got time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over."

My Dad is the wisest man I know. He can do a NY Times crossword in one sitting, by filling in almost all the "across" answers without having to check by the "down" answers. Some of the pearls he said to me:
"The only ass you should ever work for is yourself".
"Never let me catch you doing a crossword in pencil. It shows a lack of confidence".
And, when a beautiful woman walked by, he would say "Wow, how can you forget a face like those".

Back
Top Bottom