• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

DA/SA summer time carry .........?

This is ODT.
I say get a 1911 -- Officer's Model size if you prefer.

(Yeah, I realize I'm disregarding your OP and the features you said consider important, but John Moses Browning knows what you need-- better than you do.)

Honestly its at the point now where I dont really care who knows I have a gun on me. My family for the most part has accepted the fact that I'm (well) armed, all the time lol... my mom has a little bit of a problem with it around the small kids but she certainly hasn't asked me to stop.

As for everyone else... **** em.

I'll admit that the trigger on the HK P30 is garbage. Long and heavy with a terrible reset. I redid my trigger with parts for the longslide P30 competition gun, plus a "short" reset trigger kit from Gray Guns. It is now "acceptable" to me, but in no way anything to brag about. It isn't as good as an out of the box 3rd Gen S&W with the magazine safety removed, or a DA/SA SIG with the SRT.

What about the Springfield Armory XD-E 3.3"?
9mm ✅
Hammer fired DA/SA ✅
8 and 9 round magazine ✅
Weight (24.8 vs 27.5 oz) ✅
Height (5" vs 5.03") ✅
Length (6.75 vs 7.24") ✅
Width (1" vs 1.38") ✅

Might have to hunt for a while but what you described sounds like an old school real metal frame single stack Smith. Hammer fired DA/SA with at least 7 in the mag. I can never keep all them Smith model numbers straight but for some reason 5906 keeps popping into my head.

Edit: I looked it up on Google images and figured out the model I was referring to was the 3913. Nice slim 8 round package.

Let’s get weird.

431 PD

6 shot magnum
5DB4ADC6-B0C3-4E0B-8A69-467E3B5F4F05.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom