• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CZ Bren 2 7.62x39

J. Gore

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
20   0
Reaction score
DO NOT BUY THIS GUN

I've been stupid/unfortunate enough to own two.

CZ, after almost 3 years of reports of faulty guns, has done nothing to fix them despite continuing to sell broken ones at a marked up COVID era MSRP (2,000+).

Their current "restitution" for owners of nonfunctional guns is to offer a switch for 5.56 guns (no ETA on how long this takes since they're prioritizing selling new guns instead of taking care of people who paid for broken ones) or a refund for your original MSRP (if you're like me you can say goodbye to any money you spent on accessories or ammo, you're screwed if you got tricked into buying a broken used one). If you've owned a rarer "military style" 2S like me you're screwed and can only trade for a common 5.56 2MS or get the ~$1600 MSRP from years ago. This is all based off of a nearly year old reddit post by Zach from CZ, the company has not addressed the Bren 2's faults in any way since and no longer responds to reddit comments. They also delete any non-positive reviews on their website.

My experience:

2019 Bren 2MS 9", 2020 Bren 2S 11". 2 different Brens of different types, same exact issues.
-stovepiped or FTE'd every 5-10 rounds on ~5 ammo types, steel and brass
-stupid inaccurate, probably due to the fact that CZ decided to attach the side and bottom rails directly to the pencil barrel...
-recoil more violent than even cheap AKs of the same barrel lengths
-got incredibly hot after a mag and a half, nearly impossible to use without gloves
-considerably worse trigger than the Bren 805
-near 0 support from the company, only tiny drops of basic parts on the CZ webstore, it's notoriously hard to find mags or even basic parts such as screws (which are known to be soft and prone to stripping), literally worse supported than the vaporware Bren 805
-only 3 gas settings, no suppressed setting on the 2nd generation of this gun
-very worryingly fireballs shoot into the mag when firing, see Sage Dynamics' video
-no official fixes for nonfunctional guns, you're literally stuck paying reddit gunsmiths with no official website to fix the gas plug problems at the moment
-CZ significantly changed the internal design of civilian Bren 2s from the military version, largely in relation to using 5.56 parts for the 7.62 guns. They never detailed these changes at all even when asked by many.
-both OEM stock options wobble notably
-expensive aftermarket parts to make them as functional as other modern options
-on 4+ separate calls to customer support, the first employee I spoke to DIDN'T EVEN RECOGNIZE THE GUN, 0 have known the official policy on returns/replacements
-many horror stories of people with broken Brens waiting months only to be sent back the same gun with no changes

I have nothing good to say about this gun or CZ after my experience. I used to be a complete fanboy before this, they were my favorite company. After how badly they've treated me (and many others) and how terribly they designed a "premium" firearm that many people use for serious purposes, I'm done with them forever. There are legitimate concerns that CZUSA especially is slipping, no end to the horror stories about dealing with their godawful customer support these days.

There are many stories on the internet of Bren 2s being totally unusable. There are also many stories of them working great. Funnily enough the latter often includes the caveat of only having a certain number of rounds fired through them, and the reliability issues with x39 guns have popped up at ANY round count. I got two broken guns from the start "luckily". The 5.56 ones MOSTLY work (there are still horror stories of the same reliability and accuracy issues out there). Even if your Bren 2 in either caliber works, it should concern you greatly that such a major company has failed to support their product in any meaningful way literal years after its release. If your gun has a problem do you expect them to take care of you after they've failed every single owner of a broken x39 Bren 2? Even in the few short periods where my Bren 2s would work, I found every single decently built 7.62x39 AK I've ever owned to be better in every single way. Buy a Galil Ace if you must lol, don't support ****ty companies that charge $2k plus for broken guns that their customers may have to depend on.

Sorry bout the rifle but thanks for the heads up...
Of course! I talk a lot of **** about these guns online and plenty of guys with 500 rounds through their 5.56 guns get mad at me. Don't care, I'll do everything I can to keep people from getting swindled out of their hard earned money like I was.

Another interesting note: despite being very well documented online I don't think any Youtube reviewers besides MAC (who in my totally biased opinion, downplayed the issues slightly) and Gunthots (god bless) have even mentioned the reliability issues. Hmmmm... :confused2::confused2::confused2:

MAC is a shill. I wouldnt trust any of the crap spewing from his cock sucker.

It got annoying seeing all the shilling and the obvious product placement. I remember the video where they kept filming in a way to show the Jeep behind him. It just seemed too obvious lol.

Sorry about your experience J. Gore J. Gore . Is there not any kind of class action that could take place?

It got annoying seeing all the shilling and the obvious product placement. I remember the video where they kept filming in a way to show the Jeep behind him. It just seemed too obvious lol.

Sorry about your experience J. Gore J. Gore . Is there not any kind of class action that could take place?
I would certainly hope so, but I haven’t heard anything and I was lucky enough to wash my hands of them and sell them at a slight loss to people who were more confident in CZ (I was 100% honest about lack of reliability of course). Feel bad for both of those guys, I told them I didn’t see a fix coming anytime soon but they both insisted otherwise. Been almost a year since I got rid of the second one now lol. There should absolutely be a lawsuit though, selling anything that’s not explicitly marketed as a range toy with prevalent reliability issues is totally negligent IMO.

MAC is a shill. I wouldnt trust any of the crap spewing from his cock sucker.
Well I was trying to be polite but now you mention it... yeah he’s an absolute ****ing clown lol. Still it surprises me a known CZ shill would be one of the only you tubers to even bring up the issues with this gun, even if his video just amounted to “well I shot a bunch of steel case through this one I have and it worked fine so it’s probably not a big deal and CZ will make it right if it is” with no follow up.

Back
Top Bottom