• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Curious about the Negative points and reasons

Status
Not open for further replies.
The feedback is just a general jist of who you are dealing with. There are ****birds everywhere. I've never ran into one, but till happen.

I am wondering how, for instance, how this comment could result in a Neg,
1."Backed out of trade told him I would buy plus another he could not meet then"
If someone cannot meet and states so in a PM, reasons unknown, does the can't meet message not override the meet message unless after or on meet time?

2. or this, "Agreed to a deal and backed out during meet"
This looks like a meet was made and say, upon inspection, the trade is canceled for just cause, can this too result in a Neg that remains?
Neither should have stuck.. but you know

I don’t think anyone can explain it. I had a guy that backed out of our deal after he stood me up at our meet, then immediately reposted for more money. I drove an hour from home to meet him. The mods took away his Neg!!! When the mods take away Negs when people act like that, the system loses value. That was the only time I was seriously disappointed with ODT, and I’m still pissed off about it. That little Turd is still here!!!

The guy is a Con Artist, but I guess the Mods like him. So he has 0 Negs.
Would like to know who.. I don’t need to deal with the likes of him

1."Backed out of trade told him I would buy plus another he could not meet then"
If someone cannot meet and states so in a PM, reasons unknown, does the can't meet message not override the meet message unless after or on meet time?

This looks like a meet was made and say, upon inspection, the trade is canceled for just cause, can this too result in a Neg that remains?
I cant see a problem with either one of those. It's way to easy to stamp a neg on someone. "Money is the root of all negs." quote by Greg Vess.

interpretation of the rool. They change like the seasons

You’re absolutely right. I argued with them to no avail. The guy was able to whine his way out of it, complete BS!
Either the rules are there for a reason to keep everyone in check and honest, or the ODT will fall apart if some rules are honored and some are not. They need to be enfoced . If not, then **** it, anything goes. What's the point? I know mods have a lot of **** to do to maintain sanity, but things do need to be followed with the feedback.

I'd need more context on that specific instance, but once a deal is set and confirmed in PM's, if one party backs out then yes, negative feedback is justified. The timing of when they back out is irrelevant.

No, negative feedback wouldn't be justified per the rules if the meet occurred. All that's required is that the meet happen as agreed upon. Either party can decide not to go through with the deal at that point. In that specific instance, the neg probably wasn't disputed. If the person that received it doesn't dispute it, we don't know about it to review it.

That's some pure ODT bullshyte. That neg would have stuck according to the "rules."

If all the rules for feedback were followed, it would have. Going solely off the description above, the only reason that neg wouldn't have stuck would have been no confirmed deal in PMs.

Neither should have stuck.. but you know

I don't know the detailsof either of those specific examples, but I'd be willing to be in both cases they weren't disputed or they'd have been removed. We don't just sit around reading feedback to see if it's valid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom