• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Crisp county and surrounding area black bear sightings

Huey Deer Processing

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
102   0
Reaction score
It seems like more and more bears are being seen around me on trail cams. Here’s a few uploads I haven’t personally had one on my cameras but customers have sent to me. My farm is on Gum creek close to the Lake Blackshear. The second trail cam picture actually was taken by my property neighbor. I think it’s mostly just males looking for new territory and headed towards the river as usually they never show up more than once. The last picture is me with and old bruiser that was hit on 75 in Dooly county in Summer 2018.(my cooler was used to store it for the DNR to come down and later test) I personally think it’s awesome and I hope I get to see one in person hunting one day down here (not to shoot it but just to watch it.) If you have any similar pics post them in the comments. I know Wilcox has had a population for years now.
A8AE23DD-0142-4B55-9A2C-B8CF533A3BC2.jpeg
ADF64AE5-92B7-4E08-AAD5-F663CC79F208.png
B387F2C7-8A78-4779-B4C8-A9F81BD9A0EC.jpeg

It seems like more and more bears are being seen around me on trail cams. Here’s a few uploads I haven’t personally had one on my cameras but customers have sent to me. My farm is on Gum creek close to the Lake Blackshear. The second trail cam picture actually was taken by my property neighbor. I think it’s mostly just males looking for new territory and headed towards the river as usually they never show up more than once. The last picture is me with and old bruiser that was hit on 75 in Dooly county in Summer 2018.(my cooler was used to store it for the DNR to come down and later test) I personally think it’s awesome and I hope I get to see one in person hunting one day down here (not to shoot it but just to watch it.) If you have any similar pics post them in the comments. I know Wilcox has had a population for years now.
View attachment 3336886 View attachment 3336887 View attachment 3336888
That’s a big boy in the top photo

WOW, a neighbor next to one of the places I hunt said he has seen bear at his house too. I've never seen bear there but it is foothills of north Georgia. Been hunting there since the mid 90s.

Bears are on my property constantly and I enjoy having them around. The more bear activity I have the least number of copperheads/rattlesnakes. They move every log and rock on my property and I believe this keeps the mice and snakes moving (or killed) and thats a good thing. My low bear years I would kill 12-14 copperheads/rattlesnakes. Last year was my highest bear year and I killed 1 copperhead. I have more bears this year than last and have not seen a snake on my property yet. I run into bears on my property all the time and we just respect each other and go separate ways. If there is a sow with cubs I do everything possible to avoid her and back away as quickly as possible. I have sows with both this years cubs and second year cubs coming by. They are much more intelligent than given credit and if you are not a threat they will remember and take care of your property.

Bears are on my property constantly and I enjoy having them around. The more bear activity I have the least number of copperheads/rattlesnakes. They move every log and rock on my property and I believe this keeps the mice and snakes moving (or killed) and thats a good thing. My low bear years I would kill 12-14 copperheads/rattlesnakes. Last year was my highest bear year and I killed 1 copperhead. I have more bears this year than last and have not seen a snake on my property yet. I run into bears on my property all the time and we just respect each other and go separate ways. If there is a sow with cubs I do everything possible to avoid her and back away as quickly as possible. I have sows with both this years cubs and second year cubs coming by. They are much more intelligent than given credit and if you are not a threat they will remember and take care of your property.
I never thought about it like that but it makes perfect sense being that black bears are the biggest scavengers of all the bears. We’re ate up with snakes down south so they got more than enough to eat. My farm is also next to a corn field and has a creek running through it that leads to a lake and state park so I definitely feel like seeing bears is going to become a more often occurrence for me and my neighbor at least.

EB61045A-1B09-446D-AE87-B2320DCA7F8E.gif

I don’t mind the bears coming around beings that I moved onto their mountain.
I’m just glad I don’t have any of these.

Back
Top Bottom