• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Crime up in states where pot is legal

Um, more blue states and areas have made it legal. They have also stopped arresting and release more felons.

pretty sure correlation of legal pot does not equal causation of higher crime. But what do I know

That excise is a bitch. I pay about 3.90 for a can of snuff up here. It was much less the first time I went just North of Detroit to Plymouth, Dearborn, Ipsylanti area to visit her folks. I went to buy a few cans of snuff and it rang up at 12 bucks. I about soiled my pants. I was used to paying 2 and some change back then in Atlanta area. Talking about a slap on the face. After that I would buy a couple of rolls to take up with me. LESSON LEARNED!

Back to the issue at hand. We start talking about human trafficking and murder and all that crazy kind of stuff The government has got to have some kind of plan to deal with that. I refuse to believe that this is going unchecked and all they have is a few ground units out there Combing thousands of acres of federal property hunting down pot farms. That just ain't going to cut it. I mean I don't believe in build the 40-ft wall but I don't believe in just letting them walk on over across this whenever they feel like coming over it's got to be some checks and balances there. But when it comes to cartels moving in and committing all this heinous and vicious acts of crime yeah that's war. That's a threat to national security and should be dealt with accordingly. That's the one subject that really pisses me off of that politics is the lack of resources and action being taken against this kind of nonsense. It's just freaking ridiculous! THAT IS ALL!

That's legally produced product, being smuggled in and resold trying to escape the $4.35 per pack excise tax on cigs in NYC.
But yes, still a 'black market'. Pretty sure it's free of human trafficking though.
And that same black market would exist if marijuana was legal all over as well. Anything that is taxed will have a black market somewhere in the country.

I think the comment that spurned this was that if it were legal nationwide there would be no black market. As generations of moonshiners have shown...

And that same black market would exist if marijuana was legal all over as well. Anything that is taxed will have a black market somewhere in the country.

I think the comment that spurned this was that if it were legal nationwide there would be no black market. As generations of moonshiners have shown...
What spurred it was the "crime will go down if legalized" mantra. It's disingenuous.

Where is there a black market for tobacco and alcohol in this country? Lol
b03b9550-b078-44de-b072-8a2e63f2fe81_text.gif

And yet no one on here has a problem with AR-15 complete upper and lower kits or 80% lone wolf kits being "home grown" and sold on ODT as a complete weapon . All nice and legal like baby.

And yet no one on here has a problem with AR-15 complete upper and lower kits or 80% lone wolf kits being "home grown" and sold on ODT as a complete weapon . All nice and legal like baby.

I DO

Back
Top Bottom