Tracker
4   0
Reaction score
Item Name: Crew Side by Side

Zip Code: 31031

Item is for: Sale/Trade NOT SPECIFIED

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: I need some input from my fellow Gon friends. I am looking for a crew side by side. My wife has ALS and her mobility is really limited. She can get around on a walker and it is only going to get worse. I have been looking at crew side by sides so that I can ride her and my grandchildren around my farm. No real rough riding, just dirt roads on my place. No trail riding, muddying, etc.. I will also like to use it to carry hay and sacks of feed for my goats. Would not be hauling much at a time. Maybe 100 lbs of corn or a couple of bales of hay. When I look at them mostly of Facebook marketplace, I don't know which would be best suited for my wife. I am reaching out for advice from people that have more experience with a side by side. I now have a Polaris Ranger mid size 570 but it is just not big enough to do what I want to do. Any advice will be appreciated and I thank you in advance..

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
Pops, this would be better served in the General Discussion Board so people could give you better input. I wish you and your family the best as ALS is very hard. My Mom passed from it and all the while my Dad took care of her himself until her passing. God Bless and I send prayers. :pray2:

Kawasaki Mule, a workhorse that can be enjoyable, but it's primary function is utility around the farm.
Polaris Ranger, does everything well enough but costs will be at the top of the list.
Honda Pioneer, relatively low maintenance, also relatively low storage space for hauling anything.
Yamaha Viking, similar to the Mule, it's not exactly built to be a hard worker, but it's also not built to be a weekend toy in the woods. They are well suited for a pleasure cruiser around the farm.
CanAm Defender, my favorite aesthetically but I see plenty of issues with these as far as reliability and maintenance.
Kubota and John Deere are pure work horses and anyone that says they have fun driving them have low expectations for fun.

With all of that being said, don't buy a used UTV unless you know the previous owner or you financially cannot justify a new one. Used UTV's need to be gone through very thoroughly before I'd trust one to be reliable. People will take a $35,000 UTV and head straight to the mud park and sink it in a swamp, or they'll take a $35,000 SXS and launch it off a jump destroying the frame.

I like my Honda pioneer 700-4. I specifically got it because the crew cabs were to long and I have little kids that can ride in the back when needed.

We have a Polaris ranger 900 crew and it’s been great. We use it all the time. It’s been a good reliable machine. My only complaint is the turning radius is pretty wide. I would say that unless you really need to haul more than 3 people stick with the single seat machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom