• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Craziest things happen during transaction meet?

Had a guy meeting to sell me a Belgian double barrel black powder shotgun. He got pulled over right as he got to the meeting point and subsequently arrested. It was then I learned Felons cannot possess black powder guns in Georgia.

The officer came over and told me to go home cause the gun was going into evidence and I couldn't buy it.

Met a member about 5 years ago at the Kroger in the middle of Waycross to trade a Stag AR for his AK. I had the AR wrapped in an old sheet and he comes walking towards us with that AK out in the wide open. It's funny NOW but at the time my wife was going " This is bad. This is very bad. The SWAT team is gonna be here any minute. "

No need, somebody crapped their pants, someone went to the wrong QT, someone showed up in the wrong car... all caught up.
Well my weirdest meet was NOT an ODT meet. It was actually a member of the Hi Point forum. And that guy was wearing a camo print SKIRT with painted nails toenails, long hair shark tooth earrings etc. I know the ODT rules about pics but their was just no way for me to get a pic without being politically incorrect.

No but @geezer told me he was driving a white Acura and when he showed up he was in a black GTO after I waited over a half hour on his late butt. And watched him have a deal go south in the same parking lot earlier. It was my most interesting meet by far
neg heem

I had a AK 47 with I'll take it. The meet was 12 minutes drive for me. About an hour for the buyer. I was there on time 6:30. I texted I am here. He said I am 7 minutes away. I only have 700.00 he texted. I could only get that much out of my ATM... price agreed 750.00.
I turned my phone off and went home.
He texted back at 6:40. Where are you?
6:45 he says in text I have 750.00 I was joking. I didn't check my phone until the next day. He texted that I was an asshole and couldn't take a joke. I texted back he could go to hell.
He texted back and said he was going to be working in my area and wanted to apologize and meet at 4 pm. I said ok but meet at a grocery store 6 minutes away...we meet and he turned at a nice guy. I told him I had 2 guys I met in the past 5 years that asked in person if I would take less in person. Both times I told him I walked back to my car and left. Both buyers said as I left I will take it... I said it's not for sale.
I have a great sense of humor but dont suffer fools.
Some things we just should not joke about.....

Back
Top Bottom