• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Craziest things happen during transaction meet?

I traded something with @Nonliberal back in the day. Or maybe I bought something or sold something back where he used to live. Had zip lines, golf carts, one of the most interesting shooting ranges you ever did see.

Either way, my life hasn't been the same since.
You got ripped off if you didn't get pancakes.

Haha, I'm still (and probably will perpetually) working on my new range. Concentrating more on the house now, but will have a full on course up here. 300yds, pistol pits, steel targets everywhere, wood and field 500 yd course, etc. Hell, I could even have a swamp pistol course. Working on it but haven't been playing as much as I should in the last year. Mostly drinking beer and shooting turtles in the evenings.
You're coming when everything gets put together. Painting done, putting floors down in the house next week. Getting closer.
Still have a golf cart but upgraded to a UTV now. I have some telephone poles for a zip line but never even thought about another one.

You need any additional labor - please let me know. I got a couple of hard hitting 16 year olds that need some real introduction to manual labor. Both love to shoot and are willing to work for it. Keep 'em in mind. Both of 'em bigger than me so they may be able to get something done. Weekend only 'cause of school and junk.

In late 2016, after dealing with months of chemo, I agreed to a meet right after a nine night hospital stay for a serous lung infection. I literally snuck out of the house to do the trade and had no immune system whatsoever. I didn’t look real well at this point and as I was leaving the guys wife said to her husband “That guy looks like he is near death”. She had no idea I heard the comment and I sat in my car for several minutes laughing hysterically and thinking this **** is not going to kill me!

Best I have is...a member that I was giving stuff too, was over 30 minutes late to meet and I hadn't heard a word from him. Then he finally responds to my texts and says he had truck trouble - ran out of gas on the way. I offered him a another chance the next day and he was....over 30 minutes late yet again.

When he finally showed up, he was the passenger and I thought I smelled alcohol on his breath. After all of that, he never even gave me good feedback for giving him the items, driving twice to meet him and wasting lots of my time.

In late 2016, after dealing with months of chemo, I agreed to a meet right after a nine night hospital stay for a serous lung infection. I literally snuck out of the house to do the trade and had no immune system whatsoever. I didn’t look real well at this point and as I was leaving the guys wife said to her husband “That guy looks like he is near death”. She had no idea I heard the comment and I sat in my car for several minutes laughing hysterically and thinking this **** is not going to kill me!
hmmm was in Forsyth county at maybe Kroger - might have been me and my wife!!!

Guy PM’d me very interested in a gun I had listed. Young guy, first gun he was about to purchase. Negotiated the price over the phone. Just needed to confirm meeting. I could not meet the same day. Contacted buyer the next day by text......nothing. Next day, sent another text....Nothing. Later that night I called left a message.....nothing. Dude totally ghosted me. Finally 3 days later, I texted the dude saying if he changed his mind, I was cool, just tell me know something. He replied right away saying he decided to buy a Glock instead.

hmmm was in Forsyth county at maybe Kroger - might have been me and my wife!!!

Sounds like it may have been as I lived in South Forsyth at the time. Don’t be mad at the wife, at that time I really needed that laugh! Crazy times on the ODT!

WOW LOL

Sounds like it may have been as I lived in South Forsyth at the time. Don’t be mad at the wife, at that time I really needed that laugh! Crazy times on the ODT!
Yep that was us - now and then she goes with me on deals - went on one tonight in fact - me and the guy stood in light rain for 5 minutes and talked = she thinks we all crazy!

Back
Top Bottom