• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Craziest things happen during transaction meet?

I met a guy at Franklin's in athens, strange I was looking at every rifle for a 6.5cm, he asked me if i seen a 243, i took every 243 i remember seeing and handing them to him, i guess he thought i worked there. We ended up talking, he invited me to his house later that night, he was an older gentleman, wife with cancer i felt i couldn't reject the old guy. I went to his house, he had 2-3 story log cabins in the woods, all hand made by himself. We went into his one house and we were talking and he started pulling guns out of every drawer and behind the couch, under desks showing me every gun he had, he had a lot, handing them to me fully loaded, I'd clear them and hand them back. To this very day he still sends me pictures every week or every other week of him buying a new gun or more hanging on his wall. This week he sent me a picture of his new gun rack he made
20200817_221956_Film21.jpg

I once had guy ask to meet in the parking lot of Cartersville hospital to sell him a pistol. We had to meet there because his wife was in labor.....he texted me “hang on a minute, contractions are close”

He probably showed pics of the pistol to his buddies, instead of the baby.

I traded something with Nonliberal Nonliberal back in the day. Or maybe I bought something or sold something back where he used to live. Had zip lines, golf carts, one of the most interesting shooting ranges you ever did see.

Either way, my life hasn't been the same since.
Haha, I'm still (and probably will perpetually) working on my new range. Concentrating more on the house now, but will have a full on course up here. 300yds, pistol pits, steel targets everywhere, wood and field 500 yd course, etc. Hell, I could even have a swamp pistol course. Working on it but haven't been playing as much as I should in the last year. Mostly drinking beer and shooting turtles in the evenings.
You're coming when everything gets put together. Painting done, putting floors down in the house next week. Getting closer.
Still have a golf cart but upgraded to a UTV now. I have some telephone poles for a zip line but never even thought about another one.

I was selling a guy an M1 garand out of the back of my expedition at dusk in a shopping center parking lot....I had two for him to choose from. Here comes a Cobb county officer in his cruiser.....shined his light on us and got out to see what we were doing. He turned out to be pretty cool and the next day I sold him the garand that the first guy didn’t choose.

:laser:
That’s not possible according to many on this site. im sure you meant he was an ass, slapped you around and shot your pet dog. LOL

I once had guy ask to meet in the parking lot of Cartersville hospital to sell him a pistol. We had to meet there because his wife was in labor.....he texted me “hang on a minute, contractions are close”
Maybe he was the one having the "contractions", because he was in a nearby bathroom... lol

I have many stories. One that was very scary was a meet at 10:00PM at a well lit Kroger gas isle right off 400. I really wanted this SIG P238. I believe it was exit 16 or 17. I get there first and this guy pulls up in a car on its last mile and tells me he would prefer to do the trade behind the store. I told him one or both of us would not survive and he drove off. Asshole was clearly there to rob me. I reported this to Okuma.

Back
Top Bottom