• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Crappie on Lanier?

Well, I still didn't catch any Crappie, but that's okay.
raw

They are color sensitive,I do shoot docks after they get shallow I enjoy long line trolling.as far as shooting you can practice in your yard I would sit in swing and had a 2x4 laying across 2 blocks which is the easiest to learn bite detection is where you will have to spend time on water.spool your dock shooter with high vis line.
As you see I carry a lot jig heads from 1/8 to 1/48 you just have to adjust.View attachment 2557883View attachment 2557884
The crappie guide showed lol. Ive always been impressed by spider rigs. Its fun picking a species and learning everything about the fish and fishing them. Read and learn all techniques and perfect. Maybe even come up with your own technique or system for your lake. The most crappie I ever caught on Lanier, was sitting the bridge all night in the summer. Sometimes you could only fish one rod. We would do this for a big fry.

The crappie guide showed lol. Ive always been impressed by spider rigs. Its fun picking a species and learning everything about the fish and fishing them. Read and learn all techniques and perfect. Maybe even come up with your own technique or system for your lake. The most crappie I ever caught on Lanier, was sitting the bridge all night in the summer. Sometimes you could only fish one rod. We would do this for a big fry.
I don’t think I classify as a guide,I though they charge money instead of spending it.

I've been in that exact situation!
What a great problem to have, I couldn't handle two rods.
I'm stepping on one trying to keep it from getting pulled off the dock and reeling like the worlds about to end on the other one.
Times like those make such good memories, they last a lifetime!

Back
Top Bottom