• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Crappie on Lanier?

Bear44

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
213   0
Reaction score
I've never fished for them there. In fact I have seldom fished for Crappie at all, but it looks like a lot of fun.

I'm going to target them with my Grandson in Six Mile Creek today. Any reports or recommendations?

I will start by saying I am not a crappie guide. I have fished that lake for many decades though. Buy some crappie jigs and small rubber swimming jigs. Id get multiple colors. Chartreuse and white are good for Lanier. I would start in the back and work my way out of the creek. Use light line. Hit every dock and tree or piece cover. Move quickly and watch the finder. Sometimes you see them under docks.
If you get one there is more. There is always minners but it helps to know where the fish are. You will likely catch a variety of fish. Hope this helps yah some.

I will start by saying I am not a crappie guide. I have fished that lake for many decades though. Buy some crappie jigs and small rubber swimming jigs. Id get multiple colors. Chartreuse and white are good for Lanier. I would start in the back and work my way out of the creek. Use light line. Hit every dock and tree or piece cover. Move quickly and watch the finder. Sometimes you see them under docks.
If you get one there is more. There is always minners but it helps to know where the fish are. You will likely catch a variety of fish. Hope this helps yah some.
Thank you. It does help. It gives me a different plan. The one I used yesterday clearly did not work.

Back
Top Bottom