• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CR6920 or ?

The most detailed write-up I’ve seen on the CR series, that didn’t include a complete Armorer tear down.

Go watch the video and see the explanation of the circa 2009 ATF letter re: open BCGs and the ensuing differences about bolts between CRs and prior LEs and then get back - differences in hammers, etc. . Also see the part where the forgings on CRs and LEs are discussed...... It's a pretty comprehensive discussion, and from what I see, not tainted by preconceptions and clairvoyant assessments about "behind the scenes disgruntled employee animus' that just isn't there....

Go watch the video and see the explanation of the circa 2009 ATF letter re: open BCGs and the ensuing differences about bolts between CRs and prior LEs and then get back - differences in hammers, etc. . Also see the part where the forgings on CRs and LEs are discussed...... It's a pretty comprehensive discussion, and from what I see, not tainted by preconceptions and clairvoyant assessments about "behind the scenes disgruntled employee animus' that just isn't there....

I don’t need to watch a video on the differences you’ve described, because I am intimately familiar with every single one of them. I’ve had the parts out of the guns, and in my hands. I’ve been to Colt Armorer’s School, which covered military, LE, and civilian models.

I’m not saying there aren’t differences, what I’m saying is that the differences don’t matter when the end user puts rounds down range. That why I wrote it as “differences” earlier in this thread.

The M16/AR is an ever-evolving platform. We are still coming up with changes that, overall, make it a better system. All change ain’t bad.

HOLY CRAP! Y'all are going to get me in trouble!

I just opened my rifle to check the BCG, right side safety roll marks, etc., and then closed the rifle, wanted to check the trigger and charged it. Then......a nano-second before I pulled the trigger I thought to myself, "Self......That didn't sound right."

I realized I'd not dropped the loaded mag before I charged the rifle. Doh! Thank God my ears aren't completely gone and I could hear that telltale sound of a round bring chambered.

1629991859430.png

HOLY CRAP! Y'all are going to get me in trouble!

I just opened my rifle to check the BCG, right side safety roll marks, etc., and then closed the rifle, wanted to check the trigger and charged it. Then......a nano-second before I pulled the trigger I thought to myself, "Self......That didn't sound right."

I realized I'd not dropped the loaded mag before I charged the rifle. Doh! Thank God my ears aren't completely gone and I could hear that telltale sound of a round bring chambered.

View attachment 3450305

It’s the little things that will get you.

Next time, watch a YouTube video on firearms safety first. We’ve got folks here that can, no doubt, recommend a good one with no bias or animosity going on behind the scenes.

Back
Top Bottom