• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Coyote hunting

thendricks

Default rank <4000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
110   0
Reaction score
0D2B4F2D-D810-4101-BD65-D5D3FEEE62C6.jpeg

I’ve had this guy come through tonight in a row. Last night I noticed he chased after one of the little bucks. Never done a coyote hunt. Would like to get me first one and stop him from harassing my deer.

Any tips, tricks to bring him in during daylight?

If your going to ambush the predator, get a squirrel tail or multiple squirrel tails and multiple wire hangers, stick the hangers deep into the ground with a squirrel tail over the top of the hanger and wrap tightly with adhesive or some sort of glue over the hanger when you apply the squirrel tail. Ensure that you run fishing string from the top of that hanger prior to putting the squirrel tail on the hanger and it is Long enough for you to sit in your ambush spot and run that piece of fishing string along the ground.

Coyotes get fixated on sound at first to bring them into an area. Once coyotes are in an area and they spot their prey they are fixated on movement all other senses go absolutely out the window. I can absolutely test that as I’ve done plenty a coyote hunting out on Fort Benning and I’ve had them within 5 feet of me and they didn’t care about me but they cared about the squirrel tail that was about 50 yards in front of me.

Any Yote call or rabbit squeal / distress call will bring them into the area.

Once you start hearing movement don’t rapidly shake the squirrel tail just start off lightly shaking it as you feel that they are getting closer then start making the squirrel tail wag by tugging on the fishing line which then runs up the wire coat hanger on the inside of the squirrel tail.

Guaranteed the Yote will be fixated and give you enough time if you’re not already set up on the area to take your rifle out get into position acquire your target and squeeze the trigger to drop the Yote!

Respectfully
Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your going to ambush the predator, get a squirrel tail or multiple squirrel tails and multiple wire hangers, stick the hangers deep into the ground with a squirrel tail over the top of the hanger and wrap tightly with adhesive or some sort of glue over the hanger when you apply the squirrel tail. Ensure that you run fishing string from the top of that hanger prior to putting the squirrel tail on the hanger and it is Long enough for you to sit in your ambush spot and run that piece of fishing string along the ground.

Coyotes get fixated on sound at first to bring them into an area. Once coyotes are in an area and they spot their prey they are fixated on movement all other senses go absolutely out the window. I can absolutely test that as I’ve done plenty a coyote hunting out on Fort Benning and I’ve had them within 5 feet of me and they didn’t care about me but they cared about the squirrel tail that was about 50 yards in front of me.

Any Yote call or rabbit squeal / distress call will bring them into the area.

Once you start hearing movement don’t rapidly shake the squirrel tail just start off lightly shaking it as you feel that they are getting closer then start making the squirrel tail wag by tugging on the fishing line which then runs up the wire coat hanger on the inside of the squirrel tail.

Guaranteed the Yote will be fixated and give you enough time if you’re not already set up on the area to take your rifle out get into position acquire your target and squeeze the trigger to drop the Yote!

Respectfully
Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks bud. Was good catching up

Get a deer road kill and wire it to a tree. Hang a climber where you can shoot down on the carcass. Get a semi auto shotgun loaded with #4 shot and a green q beam. Climb up and wait when you hear them on the carcass switch on light and unload the SG into them. Works great

Back
Top Bottom