• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

cow catcher/push bar brush guard advice

moosensquirrel

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
63   0
Reaction score
I am wanting to install a cow-catcher/ push bar brush guard grill on my trusty 2004 F250 Diesel. I am looking to get one (and have it installed) that will have the strength to move cattle out of the way in case they stray across the roadway, without damage to my truck.

Anyone have one and can make a recommendation?

truck.JPG

Imo, nothing but ARB. Designed to absorb a kangaroo strike at 70mph without vehicle damage. I've had three on different vehicles. I wrecked my Tacoma broadsiding into a Chrysler 300 at 45-50mph. The ARB was embedded into the front of the truck. Pushed back 2 to 3 feet. The ARB was only slightly bent. The mounting brackets were bent and one of the uprights were torqued. If it weren't for that bumper, I'm sure the truck would have had more damage to the front end.

I have had em all, all of them work. I hit a lot of deer and live em. Don't get silver, they reflect off your headlights at night. Take two men about 15 minutes to install.
Just remember, they are not as heavy duty as they look, so you cannot go all Madmax with them, but I would not leave home without one

Back
Top Bottom