• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Covering the serial on a NFA?

You are missing the point. No cop or RSO will look to compare the paperwork to the weapon - unless things have moved on to an investigation.

However; what if the cop notices you are in possession of an SBR or Machine gun. How do you show on the spot you are legal? Good luck telling him he has no authority - that's a direct route to being arrested. We train the police what to look for. No paperwork and you will be detained or worse.

So cover your engraving if you want but always have a copy of your paperwork.

I travel all over the country with my weapon and I always have copies of:

1. FFL
  2. SOT
  3. Transport letter- description of who I am and why I have the weapons along with the federal statute numbers that allow me travel inter-state with said NFA items.
  4. Form Two's
  5. Form Three's
  6. Form Four's
  7. All in a neat envelope.
Infringed upon. I don’t have any nfa items but I won’t carry anything with me other than my carry permit. None of anybody’s damn business wether the gun I decide to carry today is in my name or from a private sale. **** em

I feel like you for more than what you bargained for asking this question good luck on your stamp, you'll enjoy it

In my defense, I know there is some sort of correct answer out there, but I have no idea where to find. The law is ambiguous on purpose, so curious minds must ask.

I've learned it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. Carry a digital copy of the stamp on your phone. Get the serial number engraved when you do your trust engraving. If anyone gives you crap, screw em

Back
Top Bottom