• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

**COUNTERFEIT BILLS**

grimreaper

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
42   0
Reaction score
I am in management at a restaurant and with our lobby closed due to the current Corona situation we've been seeing more low lifes with counterfeit 20$ Bills. They've been hitting our teenage cashiers especially. I've caught 2 this month. And 2 have slipped past our cashiers. I finally caught one of these %$^&÷= plates and I was wondering what is my best course of option. The top brass wants us to keep the Bills and call the police if there is any protest but without my handy dandy edc at work I am not comfertable with this. Especially with minors in the drive thru window. Obviously I've been training my cashiers with spotting these Bills but is there anything else I can do?

Do not try to apprehend or keep the bills if a confrontation will ensue. Not worth it. Get a tag number if you can but do not expose your staff or yourself to danger. I used to get them in the 80's in the deposits at Starvin Marvin food stores in Macon. Irritating to be sure, but I just reviewed why they weren't good with my cashiers.

I am in management at a restaurant and with our lobby closed due to the current Corona situation we've been seeing more low lifes with counterfeit 20$ Bills. They've been hitting our teenage cashiers especially. I've caught 2 this month. And 2 have slipped past our cashiers. I finally fought one of these %$^&÷= plates and I was wondering what is my best course of option. The top brass wants us to keep the Bills and call the police if there is any protest but without my handy dandy edc at work I am not comfertable with this. Especially with minors in the drive thru window. Obviously I've been training my cashiers with spotting these Bills but is there anything else I can do?

The Dollar Store in Shawnee off exit 111 has had a Rash of these fake bills, they even posted a letter on the entrance door about Fake $20 n $50 dollar bills.

Do what "top brass" says , call the police and turn the info and the BILLS over to the police; it is felony to knowingly possess counterfeit currency and that includes YOU...turn them in ..it is the right thing and the LEGAL thing for you to do.

Especially with minors in the drive thru window... Is there anything else I can do?
Do not try to apprehend or keep the bills if a confrontation will ensue.
No, there's not. Palmettomoon is spot on. Do not force your hand with innocents in a possible line of fire. Call the cops. That what they're there for, to catch bad guys. One of your most important jobs as manager is to protect your employees. :D

No, there's not. Palmettomoon is spot on. Do not force your hand with innocents in a possible line of fire. Call the cops. That what they're there for, to catch bad guys. One of your most important jobs as manager is to protect your employees. :D
Lol.. some of what you said is true... guess what part is wrong

I am in management at a restaurant and with our lobby closed due to the current Corona situation we've been seeing more low lifes with counterfeit 20$ Bills. They've been hitting our teenage cashiers especially. I've caught 2 this month. And 2 have slipped past our cashiers. I finally caught one of these %$^&÷= plates and I was wondering what is my best course of option. The top brass wants us to keep the Bills and call the police if there is any protest but without my handy dandy edc at work I am not comfertable with this. Especially with minors in the drive thru window. Obviously I've been training my cashiers with spotting these Bills but is there anything else I can do?
Send them as a donation to the democrats.

Take photos when they’re in the drive through, write down their plate number. Turn the photos & fake bills into the police. The police will contact the US Secret Service if necessary.

Back
Top Bottom