• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Could land in rural Georgia become cheaper to buy ? or more available ?

That is what I am thinking too. Per this article, Dooley county lost 25 % of its population and is right down the interstate from me. Land and home prices there are high like ammo prices on ODT.
Add to that Dooly property assessor has gone crazy trying to tax anything and everything at much higher values. Best locations now are Stewart & Webster counties.

There are counties in Georgia with Fiber internet connectivity and the land and housing prices are greater than adjoining counties with comparable population density without fiber.

Star Link or something like it could one day be the game changer to bring fast and reliable internet to rural areas, but previous satellite based internet prividers have not delivered on their promised speed and reliability.

^^^this is all it will take

Add to that Dooly property assessor has gone crazy trying to tax anything and everything at much higher values. Best locations now are Stewart & Webster counties.
My father in law was a pretty successful home builder and he lived in Dawson Georgia ( Terrell County ) . He would always mention how high the taxes were getting because the population was moving away ( makes the tax base smaller). People moved away because of no good paying jobs and the sh*tty behavior of the local generational Boss Hogg landowners.

Back
Top Bottom