• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Coronavirus Quarantine Rights

So, it sounds like you aren't willing to accept reality.

This new generation commits less crime, gets divorced less, is better educated, more diverse, and works more than the previous generation. Yet they are much farther back when it comes to income and wealth thanks to the wreckless free-market-and-boot-straps-can-fix-all policies of the silent and boomer generations.

Of course he is winning the debate. Because he is speaking to their reality. They were sold an American Dream of the 50's - 90's that is practically unachievable for most now days

The newer generations biggest issue is apathy. **** seems like it is too broke to fix, so enjoy life the best way you can while you can before it all blows up. The best thing Trump has done for the conservative movement is feed into that apathy with the outrageous **** he does and the unfaltering support he gets from his base no matter what he does.

The best thing the beer flu is doing is waking many up from that apathy because it makes **** hitting the fan their reality. Apathy is still a privileged position.
Most of the Bernie fans have no marketable skills. They rack up hundred of thousands in student debt on worthless, unmarketable degrees ending with the word "studies". I know this firsthand as I know dozens of them. They usually end up in the service industry as baristas, servers or bartenders all-the-while paying an insurmountable debt of their own creation. One student asked me if he should change from "history studies" to econ after his history professor warned him that there was no money or future in history unless you become a professor. I also encouraged him to change majors, which thankfully he did.

The big mystery for me is who is steering all these high school students into these worthless degrees? How could their parents possibly support or encourage a degree in something like gender studies when, at best, they will end school $130K in debt and earn a paltry $35K a year as a social worker?

Unsuccessful people who have made poor life choices often blame successful people for their own f—ups. Hey, it's easier than taking a good hard look in the mirror. And successful people who have made good life choices are disparagingly labeled "privileged". Bernie's entire political career is based on class warfare and envy, but even more sinister is his movement's ideology that unsuccessful people bear no responsibility whatsoever for their lack of success; they are simply victims of external forces.

Most of the Bernie fans have no marketable skills. They rack up hundred of thousands in student debt on worthless, unmarketable degrees ending with the word "studies". I know this firsthand as I know dozens of them.

The big mystery for me is who is steering all these high school students into these worthless degrees? .

I know dozens of them I tell you! Dozens!

It is a mystery who told them to? Their ****ing boomer and Gen X parents who gave them participation trophies their whole lives told them to, that's who. Those who grew up during the most prosperous time in American history stupidly thinking it would continue forever. "You live in the best country in the world, you can be whatever you want to be. Look at all of the participation trophies you have. Just go get a degree."

You are so out of touch with reality. It's the lazy people's fault the costs for schooling, housing, and healthcare (basically what you need to live) have to increase 3X - 5X in a couple of decades?

If you look at things at a macro level and don't just go off the dozens of people you know, the middle-class American dream is on its death bed. And your mad the generation that was entering the working class during the Great Recession is pissed off and wants some of the changes Bernie is promising? Because what they were promised as kids by their parents turned out to be a pipe dream for their generation.

I know dozens of them I tell you! Dozens!

It is a mystery who told them to? Their ****ing boomer and Gen X parents who gave them participation trophies their whole lives told them to, that's who. Those who grew up during the most prosperous time in American history stupidly thinking it would continue forever. "You live in the best country in the world, you can be whatever you want to be. Look at all of the participation trophies you have. Just go get a degree."

You are so out of touch with reality. It's the lazy people's fault the costs for schooling, housing, and healthcare (basically what you need to live) have to increase 3X - 5X in a couple of decades?

If you look at things at a macro level and don't just go off the dozens of people you know, the middle-class American dream is on its death bed. And your mad the generation that was entering the working class during the Great Recession is pissed off and wants some of the changes Bernie is promising? Because what they were promised as kids by their parents turned out to be a pipe dream.

I don’t know man... The problem is 50 years ago, my parents had a $16,000 house. My parents note was $116 a month.. they drove $ 3,000 Cars. They wanted better for us and gave us all they could. My parents paid for Xmas on a credit card for my brother and I, then worked all year to pay it off to only do it again next Christmas...

They taught us responsibility, and not to blame anybody for your shortcomings, or failures...

It seems you missed that in your upbringing....

I don’t know man... The problem is 50 years ago, my parents had a $16,000 house. My parents note was $116 a month.. they drove $ 3,000 Cars. They wanted better for us and gave us all they could. My parents paid for Xmas on a credit card for my brother and I, then worked all year to pay it off to only do it again next Christmas...

They taught us responsibility, and not to blame anybody for your shortcomings, or failures...

It seems you missed that in your upbringing....

Your story literally just supported my point about rising costs and the privilege of being in their prime during peak America.

All of the data shows that millennials work just as hard as previous generations.

As for me. Ha. I'm doing just fine thank you. I work my ass off and I'm plenty successful by most anyone's standards. I'm just not blind to the macro view of things like the average self-absorbed right-wingers.

I guess those parents should stop blowing smoke up their kids' asses.

I didn't say lazy; I said unsuccessful people. You can work really, really hard as a musician. That doesn't mean you're entitled to any compensation other than the value of your work. The work an RN does is extremely valuable. RNs, for example, are in school the same amount of time as person seeking a music studies degree. The difference is the RN will be making $90K in the job market while the music studies graduate will probably average $30K. Choices matter.

Your story literally just supported my point about rising costs and the privilege of being in their prime during peak America.

All of the data shows that millennials work just as hard as previous generations.

As for me. Ha. I'm doing just fine thank you. I work my ass off and I'm plenty successful by most anyone's standards. I'm just not blind to the macro view of things like the average self-absorbed right-wingers.

That far from supports your thesis... My home, as is yours based on your self absorption, is considerably 50 or more multiples... Our cars are more than 25 times more than theirs.. I have earned it, and passed the work ethic on to my kids.. They are leading their life having learned to pay themselves first instead of paying everyone else...

The problem with the Left is they find fault in everyone, or everything except themselves.....

So, it sounds like you aren't willing to accept reality.

This new generation commits less crime, gets divorced less, is better educated, more diverse, and works more than the previous generation. Yet they are much farther back when it comes to income and wealth thanks to the wreckless free-market-and-boot-straps-can-fix-all policies of the silent and boomer generations.

Of course he is winning the debate. Because he is speaking to their reality. They were sold an American Dream of the 50's - 90's that is practically unachievable for most now days

The newer generations biggest issue is apathy. **** seems like it is too broke to fix, so enjoy life the best way you can while you can before it all blows up. The best thing Trump has done for the conservative movement is feed into that apathy with the outrageous **** he does and the unfaltering support he gets from his base no matter what he does.

The best thing the beer flu is doing is waking many up from that apathy because it makes **** hitting the fan their reality. Apathy is still a privileged position.

Really? you have got to be F-ing kidding me.

Less crime? The average age of new offenders in the US is 36 years old.

Less divorce? hard to get married in mommy's basement, If the marriage rate is down of course the divorce rate will be down. (The average age for a couple going through a first divorce is 30 years old and 60% of divorces involve spouses who are between the ages of 25 and 39. Women are more likely to file for divorce than men and the divorce rate is highest for African-American women aged 50 to 59.)

I'll give you most educated, However the knowledge has to be applied. You can educate an idiot, you still have a educated idiot.

More diverse, Ok you win that one, but you write that like it is a good thing.

Works more?, not even close. The millennials are the laziest gen yet, they expect to go to work starting at the top (Sorry doesnt work that way) They take longer to accomplish the same task as did the last generation with better techology and equipment.

Sold a American dream? It is still out there, you just have to go after it, it isn't going to run up, jump in your lap and give you a big sloppy kiss

I work for a local government. Though this may be a felony under federal rules, the penalties are in line with a misdemeanor in Georgia. "A misdemeanor offense is a crime punishable by up to 12 months in jail and a maximum fine of $1,000. Misdemeanor offenses in Georgia include shoplifting, DUI in Georgia, possession of marijuana less than one ounce, and public intoxication."

"All crimes punishable by a sentence of one year or more in prison are felonies under Georgia’s laws."

All it takes is one additional charge to put the person over 12 months and instantly a felon. In a case of breaking curfew the person would have to have aggravating circumstances, such as speeding, DUI, reckless behavior, etc. Something that gives the magistrate a reason to elevate the charges up to a felony. Someone just out past curfew would be ticketed, if anything at all.

Back
Top Bottom