• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Coronavirus Pandemic (many threads merged)

Is the Coronavirus going to cause a pandemic in the USA?

• Yes

Votes: 197 43.4%
  • No

Votes: 127 28.0%
  • Too Early to guess

Votes: 130 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My Coronavirus summary

Naturally occurring virus.

Possibly escaped a lab due to negligence but probably just jumped to humans from another mammal.

Particularly bad Coronavirus that has a unique and undocumented effect on humans. Looked like it could be potentially catastrophic early on.

Response was bungled on many levels and we overreacted. To exactly what degree is impossible to calculate.

Response also was excellent on many levels and greatly reduced the impact of the virus

A vaccine is much needed.

I was just driving down the road yesterday wondering what a non political COVID commentary might sound like. This is what I came up with.

no vaccine. we don't have one for the common cold. why would this be any different?

no vaccine. we don't have one for the common cold. why would this be any different?

Depends on what you mean.

If you mean this shouldn't be any different because the coronavirus is no more of a problem than the common cold. Then that's fine, you don't see a need for a vaccine. And if they develop one I strongly support your right to decide not to get one. I think the damage this virus is capable of clearly warrants vaccine research and development and if they develop one I will get it. I'm a fan of Flu shots to though.

If you mean how come we can make a vaccine for this but not for the cold. That's a different question entirely. Short version is it looks like we can.

Depends on what you mean.

If you mean this shouldn't be any different because the coronavirus is no more of a problem than the common cold. Then that's fine, you don't see a need for a vaccine. And if they develop one I strongly support your right to decide not to get one. I think the damage this virus is capable of clearly warrants vaccine research and development and if they develop one I will get it. I'm a fan of Flu shots to though.

If you mean how come we can make a vaccine for this but not for the cold. That's a different question entirely. Short version is it looks like we can.

I mean the common cold IS a corona virus. we have NO vaccines for any corona virus. any vaccine that comes out of this...should be treated as highly suspicious.

I mean the common cold IS a corona virus. we have NO vaccines for any corona virus. any vaccine that comes out of this...should be treated as highly suspicious.

We have flu shots available every year. Problem is it's a family of viruses and you need a specific vaccine for one or several closely related viruses. A yearly flu shot only protects you from the specific viruses they were expecting to be prevalent that year. As covid 19 has remained relatively stable instead of mutating rapidly it's entirely possible to make a vaccine for it given an appropriate amount of time for research and trials.

Nobody is going to invest the kind of money necessary to create a vaccine for a sniffle. And coronavirus is only one of many culprits in regards to cold viruses. COVID is a nasty enough disease to get the necessary funding and research. I don’t see any need to be suspicious of a vaccine developed to deal with something of this magnitude. I might let a season or two go by before I get vaccinated. The only thing I might be suspicious of is the possibility of pushing the vaccine out in to much of a hurry.

The biggest ongoing problem with Covid is going to be the Chinese aggresion that is now flowing around the world. They are at it with the USA, Australia and now Britain. It seems like this has been a catalyst for them to initiate snatching a greater slice of the world.
The UK just kicked out Huawei from rolling out 5G technolgy, and the threats have started.
They have ramped up the territorial dispute with Indonesia in the South China Sea.
Pouring money into and trying to buy influence throughout Pacific.
Found a way around foreign ownership reporting laws in Australia and have been buying up water rights.
Putting massive tariffs on Australian Barley and banned Australian Beef after Australia asked for international enquiry into Covid origins.
Buying up infrastructure in countries slumping from Covid.
Embraced "Wolf warrior diplomacy"
CCP sons of *******.

1587402461883-my-body-my-choice-coronavirus-mask.png

Back
Top Bottom