• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Coronavirus Pandemic (many threads merged)

Is the Coronavirus going to cause a pandemic in the USA?

• Yes

Votes: 197 43.4%
  • No

Votes: 127 28.0%
  • Too Early to guess

Votes: 130 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Social order is breaking down in Sicily due to lockdown. Coming to a neighborhood near you. This thing could easily turn into a national version of the LA riots here in the US before it's over.
Police with batons and guns have moved in to protect supermarkets on the Italian island of Sicily after reports of looting by locals who could no longer afford food.

The novel coronavirus has claimed more than 10,000 lives across the Mediterranean country, about a third of the world's total, creating the worst emergency Italians have known since World War II.
http://www.naharnet.com/stories/en/270565-we-have-to-eat-sicily-police-crack-down-on-looting

Short answer: no

Grabbing at straws with an off label drug. The real game changer would be a novel antiviral medication that DIRECTLY targets the virus. But that takes time to develop.
What makes you say No? I have seen science and logic behind why it is effective. Why do you think it is not?

What makes you say No? I have seen science and logic behind why it is effective. Why do you think it is not?

There hasn't been a conclusive in vivo RCT that displays efficacy. The results are anecdotal, and when that is coupled with the fact that ~ 80% of the people who contract COVID-19 don't require hospitalization means that its not the "game changer" its touted to be. Like I said, the real game changer will be effective direct antiviral therapy.

Additionally, its abundant off-label usage is damaging accessibility for people who use it for RA and lupus.

Not that you ask me, but I think it may still prove to be effective, just not a game changer. I also think getting FDA approval is huge. However, for something g to be a game changer I think it will have to be on the preventative side of this thing. We need a vaccine IMO.

Back
Top Bottom