• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Corona Virus Lawsuits

alleycat

Wolf Icon Lifetime Supporter
Cosmoline Junkie
900   0
Reaction score
I was thinking about all of the inevitable lawsuits that will arise when all this is over. Many folks will seek compensation for what has happened to them....some will have experienced legitimate injury and a small portion will be opportunistic and just want money.

Is there any way to say with legal certainty that one person caught the virus from a specific person? Can you really prove that someone’s negligence made you sick?

what do you think?

Some cases might have merit but it's still an act of God. Those cases are hard to win. If someone goes to the grocery store with it and starts licking thing you could probably get that person with some law suits. But people like that typically have no money.

I agree there will be many lawsuits but not many trials. Either judges will throw them out or defendants will settle. The biggest liability will be "I went in for __________ procedure and got Covid while in the hospital."

The Lawsuit Lottery. That is why so many things cost so much, or in some cases don't exist any longer. Maybe it's time to limit and regulate that industry? Of course the Trial Lawyers association won't have any of that.

My company decided to shut down all construction sites for 6 to 8 weeks, reason is liability. They did give everyone 2k$$ and made sure unemployment is available. Some worker in Atlanta said the caught the Rona and threatened a lawsuit.

My company decided to shut down all construction sites for 6 to 8 weeks, reason is liability. They did give everyone 2k$$ and made sure unemployment is available. Some worker in Atlanta said the caught the Rona and threatened a lawsuit.

That's what I'm waiting for. I have a few that as soon as it started they started asking for the lay off slips. When we gave them the separation papers they found out we didn't do it the way they need it to collect immediate unemployment. They were pissed. They told me we're a pos company. We have liquidated damage clauses in our contracts and until the gc lawyer tells them to stop they can't. When that happens we'll be giving out the other type of lay offs

I doubt there will many suits over 'who got who sick', that's impossible to prove and a court would throw it out immediately.

I do think we'll have tons of lawsuits about government officials overreaching their powers. There's another thread about a local mayor who put jersey barriers across a public road to keep people from other areas driving through.

How many restaurants will sue saying it was an illegal act for them to be forced to be shut down? Same for a lot of small business.

There will probably be personal lawsuits as well. How does the a mayor, or even a governor suspend the right to publicly assemble? That's in the Constitution, and yet it seems like every podunk official seems to think they can override it.

Back
Top Bottom