• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Copperhead strike

shotgun 01

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
12   0
Reaction score
This afternoon I was walking back to my house from my next door neighbor's house, when I noticed a tall weed growing from the front edge of my bushes/pine straw. I walked over, bent down, and grabbed the weed at the ground, and suddenly felt something hit my hand. At first I thought it might be a frog, but when I knelt down and looked under the bottom of the bush, it was about a 2.5 foot copperhead. It was coiled and ready to strike again. I started checking my hand for blood or marks, and came inside for my wife to look. I guess it either did a dry strike, or just missed. I sure feel lucky tonight. That could have been bad. I am always so careful, cause we have rattlers at the farm, but I didn't even think about getting bitten here in Gwinnett. So, you guys be careful out there.

I pulled tall weeds around a game camera today , didn’t occur to me to look for venomous snakes as I was in a hurry.

Glad that your OK , OP

fe4a348b-4c22-4f9a-b64d-ce0e4f2f2a0f.jpg
get one of these and sharpen it with a file and use as a walking stick,cuts grass weeds and snakes

Back
Top Bottom