• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cooking Sturgeon

dwilson42

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
10   0
Reaction score
So a buddy just gave me 10lbs of Sturgeon never ate it never cooked it before he said to fry it like chicken. I was not impressed very bland other than the batter? What are some tricks or some recipes to cooking it that make it have some flavor?

not in all states they have seasons for them in washington thats where he caught it

Ok. Just FYI it is a grey area as to the legality to possess certain types of Sturgeon in Georgia.

I just cooked Crappie for dinner, carnation and salt bath, corn meal with light seasoning. Might wanna try that?

Ok. Just FYI it is a grey area as to the legality to possess certain types of Sturgeon in Georgia.

I just cooked Crappie for dinner, carnation and salt bath, corn meal with light seasoning. Might wanna try that?

it was white sturgeon and we dont even have those in GA so why would there be a legal issue?

Some DNR rules are stupid... Is what it is, but white Sturgeon isn't specifically forbidden. Atlantic and short nose are illegal to even possess.

Good deal had me nervous haha
he travels all over fishing and he drew a harvest tag this past year in the columbia river
but i got to say as far as the meat its the texture of alligator with no flavor what so ever
just didnt know if anyone on here had any experience with em

Back
Top Bottom