• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cooking Pots

C ountry

Default rank <1500 posts
Old but still Bold, CSA Blood
1   0
Reaction score
Kinda strange posting on ODT but this is for true SURVIVALIST mindset.
In event of not having power, lp gas, etc you may have to cook over sticks and have your cookware over an open flame. Cast iron cookware, not enameled, is what you'll need. The enameled cookware is mostly all made in China. The plain, old timey cast iron is available from American companies. Lodge cast iron pots are made in Tennessee and 3-4 other American companies also make it in the USA.
Plain cast iron can take open flames. If you don't break it your great grandkids can use it when they grow up.
Something true preppers should consider.

Cast iron always has and always will be with me.
All you really need is a couple different size skillets and you're covered but I've acquired more than I need over the years like this cornbread wedge pan that I used yesterday:

33686.jpeg

Two Dutch ovens, eight skillets, two grills, I’m good to go. Just as long as I’m bugging in not bugging out.
Yessiree C ountry C ountry ……we have a bunch of old cast iron too. I have skillets and a dutch over that my mom gave us. Her mother gave it to her. They are great ! My wife has one just for cornbread…Nothing else. We have a little, one serving type skillet that i use for omelettes and sandwich cooking.
My mother in law gave me a little Lodge cast iron grill for my bday one year. I love that thing. Perfect for two steaks, burgers, etc.
Takes maybe a 1/3 bag of charcoal ….. has a nice canvas cover. It had to be expensive.
I would also hate to pack all that stuff to bug out with….that cast iron gets heavy !! Lol. :cool-new:

Back
Top Bottom