• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Converting 20ft shipping container into shop?

Lightning8

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
171   0
Reaction score
I am moving and losing my unfinished basement shop. Was going to install a prefab metal shop, pole barn, etc. but prices are $$$ plus long lead times. I have an 18ft x 25 ft cement pad at new place. Looking at buying two 20 ft shipping containers and placing them side by side on the 18x35 pad. One will be "garage" for zero turn mower and MULE but second will be temporary shop.

Planning to do some form of framing in the one for shop plus spray foam both. Get power feed and install ductless HVAC in shop. Fill shop with storage racks down one side and work benches down the opposite wall.

Doing internet searches and looking at YOUTUBE videos. Got some quotes on the 20ft containers.

Any experience with this "shop" option? Thanks

I am moving and losing my unfinished basement shop. Was going to install a prefab metal shop, pole barn, etc. but prices are $$$ plus long lead times. I have an 18ft x 25 ft cement pad at new place. Looking at buying two 20 ft shipping containers and placing them side by side on the 18x35 pad. One will be "garage" for zero turn mower and MULE but second will be temporary shop.

Planning to do some form of framing in the one for shop plus spray foam both. Get power feed and install ductless HVAC in shop. Fill shop with storage racks down one side and work benches down the opposite wall.

Doing internet searches and looking at YOUTUBE videos. Got some quotes on the 20ft containers.

Any experience with this "shop" option? Thanks
in for info

Already talking to spray foam contractor - will spray foam both. Expecting to pay $3000 each delivered - yes price increase.

Big question is framing inside the shop - not for strength but to hang stuff plus so I can hang plywood, pegboard, etc. Do not want to make any more holes in container than necessary - current idea is tie into wood floor and "glue" of some type to walls with 2x4s?

Already talking to spray foam contractor - will spray foam both. Expecting to pay $3000 each delivered - yes price increase.

Big question is framing inside the shop - not for strength but to hang stuff plus so I can hang plywood, pegboard, etc. Do not want to make any more holes in container than necessary - current idea is tie into wood floor and "glue" of some type to walls with 2x4s?
Who areu using? I had a quote for 3600

Back
Top Bottom