• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Contact the ATF to keep pistol braces legal (merged threads)

Do really think social media ( who were developed in partnership with with government agencies) doesn’t share anything they want anytime they want?
If we are at the point where the government wants to take guns the 4th won’t mean anything.

That's not what I said. If FB or another social media provider wants to freely share data with law enforcement, that's between them and their ToS. The alphabet BOIs still must have a search warrant to pull that info.

I pulled around 3 dozen histories from FB when I was a prosecutor and every single one of them required me to get a warrant (or subpoena depending on the timing). Every case where LE had already pulled the data required a warrant too.

The 4th was degraded by the Patriot Act, but far less than people make it out to be.

So let's just say that this BS passes, and we either have to install a 16" barrel, or register our pistols... If I wanted to register an SBR, I would have done so already. I don't want the hassle that comes with NFA items, hence why I don't have SBR's or suppressors...

So my question is... in order to be compliant should this all come to pass... All I have to do is swap out my 10.5" barrel for a 16" barrel? At that point, it's a rifle and if I want to keep my pistol buffer and SBA3 on, just so that it's not going to waste, that would be compliant? The SBA3 is comfortable enough to shoot from the shoulder when I want, and I hate to have to replace it and spend more money... The changes, IF they happen, would say that you can't have an AR15 pistol, that it will become an SBR, and therefore that is the issue.

Once it has a 16" barrel, it's a rifle and I can use a stock, or a brace, or a big black dildo if I wanted and it's all legal?

So let's just say that this BS passes, and we either have to install a 16" barrel, or register our pistols... If I wanted to register an SBR, I would have done so already. I don't want the hassle that comes with NFA items, hence why I don't have SBR's or suppressors...

So my question is... in order to be compliant should this all come to pass... All I have to do is swap out my 10.5" barrel for a 16" barrel? At that point, it's a rifle and if I want to keep my pistol buffer and SBA3 on, just so that it's not going to waste, that would be compliant? The SBA3 is comfortable enough to shoot from the shoulder when I want, and I hate to have to replace it and spend more money... The changes, IF they happen, would say that you can't have an AR15 pistol, that it will become an SBR, and therefore that is the issue.

Once it has a 16" barrel, it's a rifle and I can use a stock, or a brace, or a big black dildo if I wanted and it's all legal?

This probably the answer you don’t want to hear, but I am assuming law enforcement of any kind would look at the barrel, see it’s 16 inches or longer, and just not look into it any further.

If all ARs have to have a 16 inch barrel does that automatically convert all AR pistol lowers to a rifle lower since pistols technically wouldn’t exist?

Put a 16" barrel on it or just take the damn brace off altogether and go back to the neoprene cover on the round buffer tube. Pistols won't be banned and neither will braces. Just certain combinations.
ATF has already given approval letters for certain braces such as the Sig brace, the SB15 (basically the same thing). The problem came in when companies started selling things like the SB A3 etc that fit the standard carbine tube and used no tools to remove and install the brace itself. If you go back to a bare buffer tube or a sig brace or SB15 or shockwave blade then there should not be any problems with your legally braced AR pistol. People are really over thinking the whole thing.

That's not what I said. If FB or another social media provider wants to freely share data with law enforcement, that's between them and their ToS. The alphabet BOIs still must have a search warrant to pull that info.

So if they don't need a warrant if the social media platforms give it freely, then they don't need a warrant. I would guess they would get a warrant if they planned on going to court, but not for surveillance.

I pulled around 3 dozen histories from FB when I was a prosecutor and every single one of them required me to get a warrant. Every case where LE had already pulled the data required a warrant too.

The 4th was degraded by the Patriot Act, but far less than people make it out to be.
Sounds like something a prosecutor would say.

This law is totally unjust. First of all how many people shoot a pistol with one hand hardly any that I know I understand what they are saying but what the difference is this really going to make I respect and understand legitimate laws and rules of firearms this is just totally political. People please stand your ground. This is stupid

This law is totally unjust. First of all how many people shoot a pistol with one hand hardly any that I know I understand what they are saying but what the difference is this really going to make I respect and understand legitimate laws and rules of firearms this is just totally political. People please stand your ground. This is stupid
It may be unjust but it is the law. It is not a matter of how it used but how it was designed. The law says that a pistol or handgun was "designed" to be fired with one hand whether the user shoots two handed or not. That is the way the law was written and only congress can change that.

this is just getting unsalted weapons regulated into a category than requires registration...NFA
It is really just as simple as I said. If it has a brace on it that they say makes it an SBR then take the brace off and it will be a pistol again. No registration required.

Back
Top Bottom