• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Constructive feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been traveling the world lately and haven't been on here since 2013. Im in the military and I travel a lot. I travel to places where I can't buy sell trade guns unfortunately.

I was having some issues with my one and only FS/FT post so I started searching for a thread that may help. I noticed a lot of unnecessary banter by people with supporter badges and even one administrator was condoning it.

I tried several times to ask if they had anything of value to provide the thread and then they started in on me. Everything from laughing at me for having less than 10 post (duh, I'm new) to telling me to go to armslist. What kind of supporter advertises for competition, sarcastically or not?

Now its just the internet, but the root of this sites existence is to set up a face to face meeting and exchange cool stuff. How do you expect new people (they keep the site existing) to meet up with anyone like that? Even scarier, a face to face turns ugly because you took things too far.

I was suspended for 5 days and all I did was defend the thread author's post in attempt to get the answer he asked for without all the cat calling. I did not violate the ODT policy in any way. I suspect the aforementioned admin guy condoning their behavior is to blame.

I emailed ODT and I suppose they understood my position and reversed th suspension. However, if you are one of these types on here. There is a forum for shenanigans. Keep it there and away from new users trying to learn how to navigate and interact within the site.

I actually stumbled across the post while contemplating paying for a life time supporter $100 fee. Since I'm finally settling down and retiring in GA (home) and all. I decided not to though when my account was suspended for nothing I did.

This site needs some objective management. Admin people siding with forum "trolls" should have zero authority.

93b68b3312eb7f0f68b56adb9d0ac4fe.jpg

Nobody was attacking you personally. You, as a new guy, came in and started going at it with a bunch of veterans of the site questioning the rules and saying how things should go on this site. The OP was helped time and time again and didn't like the answer. Then you didn't like the answers and tried to "defend" him. GLWS.

Lol. I’m here precisely for the “unnecessary banter”!

I just sold an old 22 single action with a crown royal bag as a case. People commented all over the thread about it looking like it came from an evidence locker. That was half the fun of it and every comment bumped my thread.

So I say this kindly...

EB8A4356-4ACE-4CBF-9569-BD54FA54A739.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom