• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Conspiracy theory - Razors

GFB

Default rank 5000+ posts
. . .
24   0
Reaction score
I never used a safety razor handle and old school razor blades. I finally ordered a basic setup and gave it a whirl. Why didn't I ever try this before? Seriously, I'm at a loss as to why they aren't more common. It's not difficult and the blades are way cheaper. So why have people been paying crazy prices for razor cartridges for the past several decades?

Been using safety and straight razors for like a decade. Never look back. Better shave , no irritation, basically free after you buy the handle. I even shave my head and sac with a safety razor.
I have given a ton of stuff away over the years. PM your address and ill send you a. Blade sampler to see what you like best that will last you at least a year
16335762488733507062782863323042.jpg
Thats just the stuff in the bottom drawer and not the stuff in the medicine cabinet

Been using safety and straight razors for like a decade. Never look back. Better shave , no irritation, basically free after you buy the handle. I even shave my head and sac with a safety razor.
I have given a ton of stuff away over the years. PM your address and ill send you a. Blade sampler to see what you like best that will last you at least a year
View attachment 3565942
Thats just the stuff in the bottom drawer and not the stuff in the medicine cabinet
I truly appreciate it but my dad hooked me up with a load of blades and I am all set for a good long while. I am thinking a "shave like your grandpa" giveaway kit might be doing God's work on here though.

I truly appreciate it but my dad hooked me up with a load of blades and I am all set for a good long while. I am thinking a "shave like your grandpa" giveaway kit might be doing God's work on here though.
I just tell folks to throw $20 at the Dorco starter pack and if they like that then they can spend money on good stuff. The Doro kit is way better than you disposable crap and it only gets better from there.
I have CaptDave a kit a couple years ago and we were talking about how he still used it today. I've converted a few folks. Just got to convince them to take that leap and figure out faster is not better and more blades equal **** your face

View attachment 3565942

Is that why your sack is always so smooth? I’ve often wondered about that.

I’ve been using an old Schick single blade injector for 50+ years. Never saw a need to change.
I been looking for a fat boy for a long time. Every time I see one in good shape it goes for more than I want to pay. I use 2 razors regularly. An Edwin Jagger for every day shaves and I have a Muhle R41 if I let things get out of hand. The Muhle takes some practice and is known to be the most aggressive safety razor on the market

Back
Top Bottom