• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Considering a Cobra Replica.

An application of that heat reflecting mat that adheres to the floor board goes a long way in reducing cockpit temps. It could be done fairly easy on those. Just unbolt the seats and remove them. Then lift out carpet. Lay down ( Dynamic is one of many ) so all seems are touching each other. It wouldn't take much and is a DYI job for sure. It cuts down on sound and heat. It would be a must for the fire wall inside the car and the floor board especially on the sides where the side pipes are. Well worth the price and hour or two for install. I don't see how you could drive one in the Ga. heat without it.

Built this in the 80's pure racer put on the road.

marc.jpg

I have been lucky enough to drive several Cobras. First was 1983. Drove down from NC to the vintage car races at Road Atlanta in September. My college buddy's Dad raced a 1965 427 SC. He gave me a ride up I-85 that scared the crap out of me. Broke traction at 115 mph in third when he floored it. We got up to the Commerce exit, he pulled over and let me drive back to the track. Second was in 1999 outside of Huntsville Alabama. A NASA engineer was retiring and selling his Unique Motorsports Cobra with a nasty BOSS 351 with 585 RWHP. That car was pretty much a race car only. It was so low I knew it wouldn't go over a speed bump and it only ran on race gas. I could have bought it for $25k but I wanted a street car. Third was in 2006. A high school buddy had built a Factory Five with a supercharged 302. 425 RWHP. That one was actually my favorite. I have thought about building one, but I am at that point in my life that I am in retirement mode. Yes a Miata is not a Cobra, but they are one of the best 2 seater convertibles ever made. Especially if you supercharge or turbocharge them.

Back
Top Bottom