• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Confused on barrel length and/or overall length. Please help.

I'm sure the atf will be knocking on your door or stop you and measure it all one day
Not that I'm worried about it in my house. But out at the range, traveling with it, etc. is where my concern is. I'm sure there are plenty of people that thought the same thing and got clipped. I'd like to continue legal ownership of firearms and if there is even a slight chance I could lose that right I'll do the right thing. Not to mention the whole jail time, fine and legal fees if caught.

m110_muzzle_brake_BLACK.png
I did something like this to an AR and welded the pins/set bolts. You's have to ruin the barrel to get it off lol

Dead horse , I know, but the laws are more than Stupid imho
Not only are they stupid but the linguistic confetti on how they word things seems intent on entrapment. And/Or operators in the tech world have a a very clear definition. Apparently the ATF thinks and/or are one in the same.

I appreciate all the responses. I re-measured and an 18" barrel literally puts me 1/4" over 26". I have another barrel on order. Sorry big brother, no $200 for you. The manufacturer has a good return policy and will take the other barrel back.

Thank you all for your feedback. Please continue to provide input as I still think the rule, as written, is very open to interpretation. To that end, since they clearly don't know how and/or statements work, I'm also positive this could be fought and won easily. But who wants to go through that headache and financial burden just to change a few words in what is written. I'm just going to err on the side of caution.

I appreciate all the input. I re-measured and an 18" barrel literally puts me 1/4" over 26". I have another barrel on order. Sorry big brother, no $200 for you. The manufacturer has a good return policy and will take the other barrel back.

Thank you all for your input. Please continue to provide input as I still think the rule, as written, is very open to interpretation. To that end, since they clearly don't know how and/or statements work, I'm also positive this could be fought and won easily. But who wants to go through that headache and financial burden just to change a few words in what is written. I'm just going to err on the side of caution.
And another stamp bites the dust :dance::heh:

Back
Top Bottom