• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Concert tickets?

GFB

Default rank 5000+ posts
. . .
24   0
Reaction score
I get the idea that now the entire model for concert tickets is that they get bought instantaneously when they go up for sale using some kind of software. The tickets change hands a few times between middlemen and then they finally end up for sale at Stub Hub for 10 or 20 times the original price. I remember being a teenager and going to the back of the record store to buy tickets for a concert and walking out with actual tickets at list price. This is an example of e-commerce making everything worse. I wonder how many sold out shows end up with empty seats when the concert starts.

giphy.gif

Bullseye!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We always use ticketmaster.com........it is what it is.....they price the tickets based on the quality of the seat. It is not like buying a general admission ticket for a highschool football game with no guaranteed seat.
All right. If you want tickets to a Sturgill Simpson concert in Nashville, they're sold out on Ticket Master. Good luck with that. You have to go to Stub Hub for the resale market. This is the same crap I've been through with I don't know how many bands. I've gone on the original sales sites when tickets go up for sale and seen them sold out immediately. That's done using software. I'm aware how tickets and seating works in general. Thanks.

Biggest concert regret was not seeing Johnny Cash in Mannheim. That one was my fault. There have been quite a few since then where the only way to see the show is to pay crazy money from the tickets getting scalped over and over. And those make me not want to bother.

90% of the concerts I went to was at the old Masquerade in Atlanta before they closed it down and moved to underground. They had the option to buy online but I always bought it in person even though it was a few dollars more. Reason being, the line for pre-bought tickets was always wrapped around the building when I showed up. Buying at the door line was always short so I almost always got front row. The one time I regret that was at a Cannibal Corpse show. Talk about feeling like a sardine! I was pressed up against the security bar so hard by the crowd I had a bruise along my stomach. But it was cool fist bumping the bands.

Mother’s Finest and Aerosmith at the Omni in the late 70’s. $10 a pop and I thought that was high (pun intended). Kiss at Atlanta Fulton County Stadium in mid 70’s. $8. Best concert I’ve ever been to. My mother took me and 5 of my buddies in a Comet station wagon and dropped us off and picked us up. My mom is awesome.

Back
Top Bottom