• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Concealed carry on your property

Lol. Somebody is going to carry into work, get fired and arrested and they'll keep repeating, "But I read on ODT!?!?"
For simple possession?
Mere possession doesn't constitute a crime.
Law doesn’t say “ your business” but “your place of business” I sometimes disagree with GAgun, but he is spot on with this point. You are doing business for or with your employer.
Management can fire you, and ask you to leave, and as you are not longer employed when you leave you cannot comeback and carry. You are not trespassing until asked to leave and you do not do so.
Assuming you drove to the work place You can leave and be fine legally if there are no other crimes being committed. Of course all this is assuming your job is not with the govt And/or in a high security scenario.

summer44 summer44 poopdaddy poopdaddy If you read the entire article that dcline9163 dcline9163 posted you would have saw this...

"These officers also have enhanced police powers. Under some circumstances, DNR officers can enter upon private lands without permission or a search warrant. This is because of something known as the “open fields doctrine.” Basically, the appellate courts have held that the 4th Amendment protections against unreasonable search and seizures do not apply to land or inanimate objects. The Amendment applies only to people.

A common example of the exercise of these greater powers occurs during dove hunting season. If a DNR officer believes that a dove field is illegally baited, he or she may show up at any time during the dove hunt to check the field, check the licenses of the hunters, or look for any other violation of game laws."

So you can say what you want but if they think you're baiting turkeys or ducks or illegally (unethically or not checking frequently enough) trapping coyotes or hear a gun shot of any kind they can and will come on your property because they have now given themselves "reasonable suspicion" a crime may be taking place. Tell yourself whatever you'd like summer44 summer44 , you're free to think whatever you'd like, but if you have property, DNR can enter it at will. Sure there would have to be some warrants before evidence could be seized but you're fooling yourself if you think they don't go wherever they want. Guess what, let them find an EPA violation and the feds will show up and take over. It's none of their business, what I'm doing on my property. Yet I have to get permissions from the gubment before I can do any host of things.

Story that happened to ME, so it's first hand. Our hunting lease is seperate from our hunting camp. On the lease, there is a central location everyone parks and rides atv's from there. Last year, a couple of guys got back to this location and DNR was there. He had a list of everyone he wanted to talk to. He ran the tags of every vehicle parked there, then pulled license history and warrant check. He was cool enough though, my brother-n-law had always bought the Sportsman license (which the officer had record of) and that year he purchased his license seperately. In doing so there was one license he didn't purchase that he needed, and I don't remember which one it was. So he called my brother-n-law in the stand from his record off the tag, and asked him why he didn't purchase such and such license when he normally purchased the sportsman. My brother in law told him it was oversight and he was just trying to save a few bucks. The warden told him no big deal just go ahead and purchase then online and it was all good. Mind you he was 600 yards from any public road, in the middle of a 2000 acre lease behind locked gates. He never once produced a warrant or asked if he could come on the property or anything. I am a law abiding citizen and have nothing to hide (except I carry everywhere even when signs tell me I can't). I support law enforcement because they are a vital part of a civilized society, I support DNR because I can't stand poachers but please get your head out of the sand if you don't think you live in a police state.

No DNR has no more power than say the state patrol. Either or any other leo or citizen can enter your land without a warrant. If they don't have a warrant or pc and ask them to leave they must. A game Warren has no more right to your id or hunting/ fishing lic. than a local police officer. Without Reasonable Suspicion or probable cause to demand. You don't have to provide either just bc you are ask. They need a reasonable suspicion you are committing or about to commit a crime. And Ga code says it can't be solely because you are carrying a firearm.

This is wrong! You are getting bad information or information from an uninformed source. Ga code says police cannot stop you just to check identification (which would include a GWL). So if you are open carrying, which is dumb in and of itself, then the police are not allowed to ask for your ID, unless they suspect you are committing another crime. That doesn't mean they won't. Most likely they will. IF you chose not to provide ID, you would be detained and once it was verified you were legally permitted to carry said firearm, you wouldn't be charged and you would be released. So it would be a complete hassle and headache for nothing. You broke no law but were treated as if you did. If I wanted to walk down the sidewalk wearing a ski mask carrying bags of cash (you know with the big $ sign on the side) I could expect to get stopped and questioned. I have done nothing wrong and can't legally be required to provide ID. I think it would be worth the harrassment and hassle on the officers fault for acting like a dumba** but nothing illegal about it.

This is wrong! You are getting bad information or information from an uninformed source. Ga code says police cannot stop you just to check identification (which would include a GWL). So if you are open carrying, which is dumb in and of itself, then the police are not allowed to ask for your ID, unless they suspect you are committing another crime. That doesn't mean they won't. Most likely they will. IF you chose not to provide ID, you would be detained and once it was verified you were legally permitted to carry said firearm, you wouldn't be charged and you would be released. So it would be a complete hassle and headache for nothing. You broke no law but were treated as if you did. If I wanted to walk down the sidewalk wearing a ski mask carrying bags of cash (you know with the big $ sign on the side) I could expect to get stopped and questioned. I have done nothing wrong and can't legally be required to provide ID. I think it would be worth the harrassment and hassle on the officers fault for acting like a dumba** but nothing illegal about it.
Furthermore ga code states an offier cannot stop a citizen solely to investigate whether or not they have a gwcl.

From Georgiapacking.org.
Your license will be valid for 5 years and it MUST be in your possession at ALL TIMES when you are carrying a firearm. It is a $10 fine if you do not have it on your person while carrying. LEO's can ask to see your firearm license, but they cannot demand to see it just to check to see if you have a license. There is no requirement in the Georgia law to volunteer that you are armed when approached by a LEO,

Back
Top Bottom