• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Concealed carry on your property

You're right,you guys on here know everything what was I thinking. It's truly a wonder I've lived as long as I have not being one of ya'll. Have a good day.
So here you go.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=11&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiGy_-noPnnAhVL5awKHX27B-YQFjAKegQIBBAB&url=https://www.swindlelaw.com/2014/11/georgia-dnr-officers/&usg=AOvVaw3YDYbVxEnEHm3tBPpnIiB1
Where in this article does it say your home can be searched without a warrant by game warden? Clearly what you posted isn't Georgia Code or the Constitution, it's a law offices opinion. Again I'm going to suggest you check them Georgia code. I agree what were you thinking?

dont forget your business. you can carry at "your" business. not the place you work. if you own your own business you can carry on the property of that business,even if you lease the space.. the good thing about that is it allows gas station owners to carry.
Nope, it says “place of business” that means anywhere you’re conduct buisness, no mention if you own it or not.

Nowhere has any of those links said they can enter your home without warrant.
That last article just says they are LE and should be treated as such.
They can go where anyone else is legal to enter, and have the same powers as LE as to Probable Cause and Reasonable Articulable Suspicion.

dont forget your business. you can carry at "your" business. not the place you work. if you own your own business you can carry ...

That's what I thought, too, years ago, based on reading the text of the statute.
But this is an example of how are you can't really know what a law means by reading it, IF other people "higher up on the legal food chain" than you
have read the law before you
and handed down a pronouncement of what they think it means!

And the Georgia Court of Appeals, in 2 different cases from about 100 years ago,
ruled that the "your place of business" exception to the need for a pistol carry license EVEN APPLIED TO LOW-LEVEL EMPLOYEES.
Farmworkers & field hands, who had no ownership or even managerial status or authority.
They were simple blue collar laborers for daily wages. The Courts said they didn't need carry permits to tote pistols outdoors around the real estate of the place (they had to stay on the property, though.)

all of carrying/owning a gun hinges on your legal status, if convicted felon, with restoration f rights, then Yes, if no restoration, then No

Back
Top Bottom