• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Competition Handgun Skill Builder @ SRGC on May 16

Stubb

Default rank <300 posts Lifetime Supporter
Tracker
1   0
Reaction score
I'm teaching a competition handgun skill builder class at South River Gun Club on May 16. Class description and sign-up link below. This isn't a "gamer" class but a deep dive into concepts and techniques for shooting and moving faster, more precisely, and more efficiently.

Feel free to contact me with any questions (andreas@yank.to).

Competition Handgun Skill Builder (16 May 2020)

You will learn the critical skills that deliver the most improvement in match results: grip, trigger control, transitions, and shot calling for fast and accurate shooting, overlapping shooting and moving to minimize time spent not scoring points, and mental game to shoot your best on match day. Other skills like draws and reloads are addressed along the way. You will shoot drills that you can easily set up in your own practice and receive a high degree of individual coaching tailored toward your present abilities and shooting goals.

Target audience is people who have shot a couple of matches and are looking to up their game, but you'll be good to go if you can safely draw from a holster and have a couple spare magazines.

Max class size is 6 students. Expect to shoot ~750 rounds but bring extra just in case. We’ll start at 9:00 and wrap up by 17:00.

https://practiscore.com/events/competition-handgun-skill-builder-srgc-12/participants/create

Two spots left for Saturday.

I had a very capable LEO shooter who hasn't done practical shooting competition in the last edition of this class, and he found the material and drills on target transitions, movement, and sight/target acquisition very applicable to his interests. It was rewarding helping someone with solid fundamentals apply their skills over a wider range of shooting problems.

I'll be posting one for June after this May class wraps up. The third Saturday is the default date given the match schedule at SRGC, but I've moved it around based on interest.

One spot left to make it an even six people if anyone would like to come out and train tomorrow. I have some refined material ready to go based on my learning and practice the past few months.

Back
Top Bottom