• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Combat Handgun, July 30, Aragon GA

cmshoot

Marines Icon
Staff member
197   0
Reaction score
Precision Applications, LLC will be holding a Combat Handgun Course on Saturday, July 30 2022, in Aragon GA.

The class will start at 8am and run until 5pm, with a 1 hour break for lunch.

Warmups will include some quick diagnoses of any problems you may have with your fundamentals. After warmups we will move straight into the meat of the course.

Topics covered will include, but may not be limited to:
Working with each shooter to assess individual issues and improve accuracy
Draws (with and without a covering garment)
Ready positions
Reloads (Emergency, Tactical, and Magazine Exchange)
Malfunctions
Shooting while moving
Use of cover

If time permits we will shoot the Tactical Pistol Course for score. Anyone that passes will be awarded a Challenge Coin.

Gear list:
Handgun with holster (revolver or semi-automatic)
Magazines/speedloaders. If your handgun holds 12 or more rounds, a minimum of 2 reloads on your person is recommended. If your handgun holds less than 12 rounds, then 4 reloads are recommended
Pouch for your reloading devices
600rds of ammunition
6 dummy rounds of the caliber you will be shooting
Eye and ear protection
Hat with a front brim
Plenty of water

Your particular gear is up to you; warbelts, vests, suspenders, etc. Body armor and/or helmets are welcome if you choose to wear them, as are suppressors.

Dress appropriately for the weather, whatever it will be. Comfortable attire and shoes/boots are a must. Bring plenty of water.

The course is limited to 20 students. Course fee is $250 paid in advance. We accept checks, money orders, cash, Zelle, Venmo, and CashApp. Your spot is not guaranteed until your course fee is received.

Do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Semper Fi!

Is this class geared more towards combat/tactical usage, and not so much ccw? As in "chit went all kinda bad, and I'm gonna be toting more than the Glock 42 in my pocket"?
(Yes, I did read the name of the class, but looking for a bit more detail)

Is this class geared more towards combat/tactical usage, and not so much ccw? As in "chit went all kinda bad, and I'm gonna be toting more than the Glock 42 in my pocket"?
Shep can obviously answer this with more authority… but as a student that’s taken the class a handful of times, my takeaway is that it’s fundamental handgun stuff that can apply to both concealed carry and combat shooting. Its all pertinent drills and knowledge that will benefit all shooters.

If I remember correctly, I think you have the option to carry and draw from IWB or OWB. It just depends on what you want to do.

Doesn't make any difference. The class is geared towards covering the tasks listed, whether you are CCW or carrying as part of a "battle belt" type system. I will cover the differences, where applicable, when needed.

I am having to move this course from 7/23 to 7/30. The times, location, and all other info will stay the same.

If you're paid up for the course, and I haven't spoken to you about the change in date, please contact me via PM, email, or phone.

Back
Top Bottom