• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Combat Carbine & Lowlight Techniques, Nov 21 2020, Jefferson GA

cmshoot

Marines Icon
Staff member
197   0
Reaction score
Precision Applications, LLC will be holding a Combat Carbine & Lowlight Techniques course in Jefferson GA on Saturday, November 21, 2020.

1029 Creek Nation Rd
Jefferson GA 30549

The class will start at 1300hrs and run until 2200hrs, with a 1 hour break for dinner. The majority of the class will take place after sundown and focus on tactics and techniques to be used during lowlight conditions.

Warmups will include some quick diagnoses of any problems you may have with your fundamentals. After warmups we will move straight into the meat of the course.

Topics covered will include, but may not be limited to:
Daytime portion:
-Ready positions
-Reloads (Emergency, Tactical, and Magazine Exchange)
-Engagements to the rear
-Shooting while moving
Lowlight:
-Understanding how your natural night vision works
-Discussion of various types of lights, mounts, and switches
-Light discipline (where, when, and how to use the light)
-Use of cover (strong and support side)
-Shooting while moving with a light
-Engagements out to 100 yards with a weapon-mounted light
-Live fire tests of various muzzle devices and ammunition

If time permits we will shoot the Tactical Carbine Course for score. Anyone that passes will be awarded a Challenge Coin.

Gear list:
Carbine with mounted light and sling (both pistol and carbine calibers are acceptable)
Handgun with holster, minimum 1 spare mag on your person
600 rounds for the carbine
100 rounds for the handgun
Minimum of 2 carbine magazines on your person for reloads. I recommend at least 8 magazines total for the course.
Eye and ear protection
Hat with a front brim

Your particular gear is up to you; warbelts, vests, suspenders, etc. Body armor and/or helmets are welcome if you choose to wear them, as are suppressors.

Dress appropriately for the weather, whatever it will be. Comfortable attire and shoes/boots are a must.

The course is limited to 20 students. Course fee is $250 paid in advance. We accept checks, money orders, cash and discrete PayPal (you pay the 3.5% fees). Your spot is not guaranteed until your course fee is received.

Do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Semper Fi!

One of the drills was steel at 100yds. 6 steel targets; white, orange, red, blue, green, and black. Most students could not see the steel at 100yds with their lights. Out of those that could find the steel, most could not tell the difference between orange/red, and blue/green/black. Those that could engage accurately with their lights, did so. Those that couldn’t had their illumination supplemented.

We moved forward in 20-25yd increments, until everyone was able to ID and engage unaided.

Ran my Cloud Owl against a Modlite OKW at 100yds +. The Modlite had a brighter “hot spot” in the center, but both illuminated well enough to ID colors and shapes. Next time out, I’m going to bring some “shoot-no shoot” targets and see if there is a difference between the two lights’ ability to ID items held in the hand; gun, cell phone, camera, etc.

Next time I'll bring 2 rifles one OKW and one PLHv2 for comparison on "shoot-no shoot". Hopefully, I'll get my accuracy issues fixed by then too. I couldn't hit **** at 100yds and am embarrassed. :doh: Did fine as we moved in closer.

Next time I'll bring 2 rifles one OKW and one PLHv2 for comparison on "shoot-no shoot". Hopefully, I'll get my accuracy issues fixed by then too. I couldn't hit **** at 100yds and am embarrassed. :doh: Did fine as we moved in closer.

Accuracy does tend to increase proportionally as distance decreases!

Folks should take advantage of these courses. I notice at my range, few shooters are moving around anymore. Mostly sitting , some standing. We have the area to shoot and move buy it isn't taken advantage of. There are many reasons folks don't train this way, it's their business. But it is a good way to know your limitations.

Back
Top Bottom