• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Colt M1911A1 engraved slide question

Twiztid

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
53   0
Reaction score
Afternoon all,

I've never been one to collect specific firearms, more I buy, I shoot, if I like, I keep.

However, I'm an avid fan of the show Supernatural that just concluded last week and my favorite weapon from the show would be Dean's Colt M1911A1.

Question being, would it be possible to get one customized to look as close as possible to this and what would be involved? I know that's sort of an open question but I appreciate any direction here! I don't plan on doing the work myself so feel free to point me to someone that does quality work. Thanks!

tumblr_fceaa4d7fb554ce550d2b8097466b29b_c502e115_500.jpg

Start with a stainless 1911, disassemble and have the parts polished, engrave slide and frame with scroll work, add mother of pearl (or mother of plastic) grips. Or you can start with a blued gun, but you will have to nickel plate in the end.

I've been thinking of doing this as well. My wife & I decided on naming our son Dean from the show after struggling to come up with a name.

I think once the prices come back down, I'll pick up a Colt Bright Government & think about an engraving job. Would be cool to get Jensen Ackles to take a pic with it afterwards and sign the grips.

This place might be a good start, I'm sure the guy would take custom order's and looks to do really nice work. But probably expect to pay around $2k +. The Colt Bright 1911 starts around $1,350 pre-covid pricing.

https://seattleengravingcenter.com/...-guns/colt1911?page=1&sort_by=price-ascending

Back
Top Bottom