• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

College student (My step Daughter) keeps me from my M1A purchase

Miatadude

Wolf Icon Supporter
ODT Junkie!
82   0
Reaction score
Gentlemen. I have wanted an M1A for many years. Every time I get close to saving up the $$$$ to buy an M1A, It is time to buy something else for her education. A Mac computer, a car, help with tuition, etc. Damn. Just spent $750 for an ipad air to make her schooling easier. Maybe when I retire in 4 years, 7 months and 5 days I will finally buy my coveted M1A. She is a wonderful young lady that is attending Pensacola Christian College, but man, it is expensive......rant over.

Gentlemen. I have wanted an M1A for many years. Every time I get close to saving up the $$$$ to buy an M1A, It is time to buy something else for her education. A Mac computer, a car, help with tuition, etc. Damn. Just spent $750 for an ipad air to make her schooling easier. Maybe when I retire in 4 years, 7 months and 5 days I will finally buy my coveted M1A. She is a wonderful young lady that is attending Pensacola Christian College, but man, it is expensive......rant over.

Wow your message rings true in my memory too. I often saved for a gun and then learned that I was actually saving for books, lab fees, class trips, or car repairs. Somehow managed to get the kids through with no student loans though. No regrets!

You will be so glad you did it. In the meantime you’re welcome to come up and shoot my M1a or any of my others, and the ammo is on me.

My 3 kids cost me and the wife over $90k for all there college , none finished. My Oldest girl went on a Sports n Science Scholarship to Pittsburgh University, and quit after 3yrs, my oldest son went to college for 2yrs then joined the Army and served with the 10th Mountain Division, my youngest son quit college over a UGLY GIRL, my wife lost it. I'm just glad that 2 of my kids landed Great Jobs, and my youngest just landed a Good job with Budweiser. I'm just GLAD that the Lord Blessed my Kids!

I had a charter boat in Destin when my son went to collage, I told him to come fishing, he would make from $300 to $500 per day on the deck...8 months no days off (except storms) told him I would pay for a vocational school if he didn’t want to get a captains license some day,and take home around $ 130 per hour, he decided to go to collage for 4 years, and I didn’t pay a dime for it..lol..retired sold the boat and business and am living in Georgia completely debt free. Most collages today are just a way to brain wash our youth!

In my unwanted opinion, PCC is the best school a young person can attend. My daughters both went to camp there this past summer, though not cheap, it's better than anything we have in Ga..

Back
Top Bottom