• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

College Football vs NFL....could LSU Tigers beat the Cinncinati Bengals?

Can LSU beat the Bengals?

• No way - NFL is just another level above.

Votes: 37 74.0%
  • Maybe - depends on the teams. If they played enough games...

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Yes - the college players today are very good and NFL ready.

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Don't care - but if I can get some tacos I am good.

Votes: 3 6.0%

• Total voters
This question comes up every year so it's not surprising that it wasn't long ago an "Alabama vs Miami Dolphins" scenario. Consensus every time this comes up is that the worst NFL team stomps the best college team. I think OP is clinging on to this image of a tremendous national champion LSU team knowing that the coming season isn't going to be a repeat. SEC West is so good none of them are going to go undefeated but whoever comes out on top will beat UGA for the SEC championship. Derail complete. . .

Just wondered if it was possible and decided to post a fun question. I figured it would get a good debate going - that's all I wanted. I'm no big LSU fan, so their 2020 season performance is no real concern of mine. I searched but didn't see where it had been posted before, but didn't do team specific one so I must have missed it.

Yeah, that's great except for one small problem you also seem to be missing. The Bengals averaged 17 points per game last year. They only scored more than 23 points ONCE and that was in OT (which they lost). Again, he didn't ask if the average college team could beat the average NFL team. That answer would be no, 10 out of 10 times. He asked a very specific question. The bet was could the 2019 LSU team beat the 2019 Bengals ONE out of TEN games. I'd take that bet gladly. I take it you wouldn't. I guess I'll never get to take your money. ;)

Exactly. Best vs best goes to the NFL every time without question. The only way to ask this fun question, is best college vs worst NFL. Granted the lowly Bengals didn't score a lot of points last year, but what they did score was against defenses of some of the best NFL teams.

Perhaps LSU wouldn't have much of a chance to win, but maybe they could win just one game....on a last second 60 yard field goal. Who knows.

Just wondered if it was possible and decided to post a fun question. I figured it would get a good debate going - that's all I wanted. I'm no big LSU fan, so their 2020 season performance is no real concern of mine. I searched but didn't see where it had been posted before, but didn't do team specific one so I must have missed it.
Oops. I thought someone else started this. My mistake.

Another case of people not reading the actual question. ;)
This was the question. The answer is, could the 2019 LSU Tiger team win one game form the 2019 Bengals? Apparently so. Admittedly I don't watch the NFL but unless something has drastically changed in the last several years, a team that sucks that bad, has problems beyond "talent".

LSU had 6 players drafted on defense and 8 on offense. What you are also missing is, they have NFL talent that wasn't draft eligible. You are also saying the worst Bengals player is better than the best non drafted player.

He said the Bengals...

So first year rookies in the NFL don't do well?

Again, 14 players drafted.... more could have been except for age/tenure.

Having said all that, it's not a match I'd care to see. It's a risk reward thing. Baseball does it as you are not likely to have a career ending injury to prove a point.

It would be interesting to know how many non drafted players make the NFL rosters eventually.

Stop being a ****ing homer.........

Are you kidding? UGA is probably going to get stomped by UF. All the Fromm haters are going to miss him soon.
You missed the inevitable "next year"...... ;)
I guess since we're discussing both, which happens first, UGA wins a natty, or Falcons win a superbowl?

Back
Top Bottom