• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

College Football vs NFL....could LSU Tigers beat the Cinncinati Bengals?

Can LSU beat the Bengals?

• No way - NFL is just another level above.

Votes: 37 74.0%
  • Maybe - depends on the teams. If they played enough games...

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Yes - the college players today are very good and NFL ready.

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Don't care - but if I can get some tacos I am good.

Votes: 3 6.0%

• Total voters
GeauxLSU, I did read your question. I will admit that I disregarded the 10 games comment because there are so many variables to consider in a 10 game series. But, if it is not a 10 games series, but a one game winner take all event, played 10 times, I will still say LSU would not win one. Despite the number of great athletes that LSU has and factoring in the "problems other than talent" the Bengals have, LSU would still be out manned at most positions. I do have a question for you. Do you believe the best high school team in the country could beat the worst team in the SEC? I don't, and the jump in talent between the college level and the NFL is greater than the jump in talent between high school and college. Of course, hypothetical questions allow everyone to have their own opinions. I just don't believe LSU could beat the Bengals.
JWC,
The best high school in the country couldn't beat the worst team in the SEC but I'm confident they could beat the worst team in division 1, one out of 10 times. I agree, a 10 game series and the college team would be the walking dead. The question, to me, represents whether or not they have a 10% chance of winning one game.
Having said that, I disagree that the gulf between college and NFL is greater than that of high school and college. You have 15 to maybe 18 year olds playing in high school Very few if any have reached their physical potential. Joe Burrow is 23 years old. The physical growth difference between high school and college is much bigger than college and the NFL. Most all college players are as tall as they are ever going to be when they get drafted. Yes they may put on some weight but some will lose.
Yep, all hypothetical.

Are all 14 players drafted going to be immediate starters in the NFL? Not a chance, maybe 3-4 will start full time as rookies. The Bengals have 24 NFL starters on their roster, it would be a blowout in all 10 games and is a ridiculous question. You’re homer status is showing hard here Geaux...
LOL, it's not "my homerism". It's the question the OP asked.
I think this scenario could have played mutliple times in history. Bama could have done it, Florida State could have done it a couple times many moons ago etc.... Again, it's the best vs the worst, one out of ten times.

you get most things right but you’re off your rocker on this one. Done went full Bear44 Bear44 on this topic.
What in my post was incorrect? Did the Bengals not in fact have an absolutely abysmal offense? Your stat was about the NFL. We're not talking about the NFL at large. We're talking about 2 specific teams.
Can the best of the best beat the worst of the best one out of 10 times. That was the question.

GeauxLSU, the reason I used the SEC as the college example is because I feel that the SEC is the best conference in college football. The NFL is the best professional league, so I thought that would be the best comparison. The worst team in Division One, different story, not the best league.

GeauxLSU, the reason I used the SEC as the college example is because I feel that the SEC is the best conference in college football. The NFL is the best professional league, so I thought that would be the best comparison. The worst team in Division One, different story, not the best league.
I know. It would be valid if the question asked if LSU could beat the 'best' team in the NFL He asked the opposite question. Could they beat the worst.
2019 LSU playing the Bengals is analogous to the best High School team playing the worst D1 team.
The added difference is the physical gulf between high school players and college players is bigger than the physical gulf between 20 something year old college players and NFL players. I just looked it up, apparently the average age of NFL draftees is around 23 years old and the average age of an NFL player starter is around 26. I don't think that's anywhere near the difference between a 16 year old and a 20 year old. I realize on that point you hold an opposite view.

I would expect that from a Bama fan, but surprised to see you with this position lol.

LOL, it's not "my homerism". It's the question the OP asked.
I think this scenario could have played mutliple times in history. Bama could have done it, Florida State could have done it a couple times many moons ago etc.... Again, it's the best vs the worst, one out of ten times.
I addressed that, it would be 3-4 NFL starters vs 24 NFL starters. The NFL team would win all 10 by a blowout.

everyone knows that Alabama is the only team capable. haha

This question comes up every year so it's not surprising that it wasn't long ago an "Alabama vs Miami Dolphins" scenario. Consensus every time this comes up is that the worst NFL team stomps the best college team. I think OP is clinging on to this image of a tremendous national champion LSU team knowing that the coming season isn't going to be a repeat. SEC West is so good none of them are going to go undefeated but whoever comes out on top will beat UGA for the SEC championship.

Derail complete. . .

Back
Top Bottom