• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

College Football vs NFL....could LSU Tigers beat the Cinncinati Bengals?

Can LSU beat the Bengals?

• No way - NFL is just another level above.

Votes: 37 74.0%
  • Maybe - depends on the teams. If they played enough games...

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Yes - the college players today are very good and NFL ready.

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Don't care - but if I can get some tacos I am good.

Votes: 3 6.0%

• Total voters

Stampede

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Just my rifle, my pony and me.
53   0
Reaction score
Could the best college team, beat the worst NFL team? For example, if LSU played the Bengals in 10 games - could LSU win just one of them? In 2019, the Bengals were 2-14 and LSU was 15-0.

I'd say it's possible, since there have been a lot of terrible NFL teams and we've had some well balanced BCS champions.

What do you think?

The realist in me says no college team can beat even the worst NFL team. Granted there are some outstanding athletes playing college ball but only a tiny fraction of college players are good enough to make the NFL.

The smart a$$ in me however says my grandma could beat the Bengals handily and she's dead!

Could the best college team, beat the worst NFL team? For example, if LSU played the Bengals in 10 games - could LSU win just one of them? In 2019, the Bengals were 2-14 and LSU was 15-0.

I'd say it's possible, since there have been a lot of terrible NFL teams and we've had some well balanced BCS champions.

What do you think?

Nope.

There would be some mismatches in talent that an NFL team could exploit. Think of it this way, even if the college team defense had 6 guys on it that would be drafted and that's big number, their are 5 other guys that are not NFL talent and I believe they would get shredded.

Same thing on offense. First of all your offensive line is going to be tasked with blocking NFL talent. Def. Ends at the pro level would **** some offensive tackles up on the edge pass rush. Joe Burrow as good as he was last year would probably struggle some with the speed of the game. We see that time and time again with rookie QB's in the NFL make bad choices and throw picks. So with a NFL pass rush barreling down on him he would make mistakes. Also, if the college team had a great prospect at WR, you know the NFL team is going to take their best cover corner and shut that **** down. Mismatches all across the board.

It's fun to think about but even the worst NFL team would beat the best college team.

Nope.

There would be some mismatches in talent that an NFL team could exploit. Think of it this way, even if the college team defense had 6 guys on it that would be drafted and that's big number, their are 5 other guys that are not NFL talent and I believe they would get shredded.

Same thing on offense. First of all your offensive line is going to be tasked with blocking NFL talent. Def. Ends at the pro level would **** some offensive tackles up on the edge pass rush. Joe Burrow as good as he was last year would probably struggle some with the speed of the game. We see that time and time again with rookie QB's in the NFL make bad choices and throw picks. So with a NFL pass rush barreling down on him he would make mistakes. Also, if the college team had a great prospect at WR, you know the NFL team is going to take their best cover corner and shut that **** down. Mismatches all across the board.

It's fun to think about but even the worst NFL team would beat the best college team.
This, I love the college game and could care less about the NFL but we're talking about the combined elites of their game.

Back
Top Bottom