• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

College football ruined?

Even as a fan of a team who has never made the playoff and hasn't won a Natty in 20 years I am not a fan of it. College Football regular season is the best because every week matters so much. Every expansion makes the regular season less meaningful. Maybe the margin for error in CFB is so low simply because only 4 teams get in so maybe this opens it up a bit more, but man I love when literally every game matters so much to the point that one stumble can mean demise. It gives me a reason to wake up and watch a Syracuse/Clemson game if I know Clemson has their backup QB or something because this legit could be a game that ends up being why they don't make the playoff. I enjoy the playoffs of the NBA because I enjoy NBA basketball, but the regular season is awful. Way too long and even the players know it or else they wouldn't sit out so many games.

That said I'll still be watching to see how it shakes out and it'll be exciting to hopefully at least see a UCF or Boise St of the world at least get a shot instead of the big teams getting to dodge them every year.

Back
Top Bottom