• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cold steel machete- very powerfully

Oh yeah, I have a Recon Scout too. That Trail Master is one of the older ones made with the Carbon V steel and that thing is a BEAST!!! I never go into the woods without that blade, it's 5/16" thick and 9 1/2" long. The Tanto is like a freakin' razor and the tip is unreal strong.

Last edited:
Update on price of the Katana Machete. Cold Steel has them clearanced on thier Special Projects site for $19.95 and $2 for the sheaths. Bad part is $10 shipping. I just ordered 2 of each so the shipping averages out to $5 per set. $27 for the machete and sheath is a great deal.

http://www.ltspecpro.com/default.aspx

THANKS for the link. They are sold out of sheaths, but Im going to pick up one of these anyway!

Edit: Found quite a few of the sheaths on ebay.

Last edited:
Welcome. And yes, getting the sheaths is a pain. Cold Steel ended up cancelling my sheaths and sending mine with free shipping to apologize. They said they aren't expecting any more sheaths in. But the Machete's rock.

Bought 2 of these and they arrived 5 days later. Havent done much with them other than take them out to look at them.
Already got the 2 sheaths from ebay as well.

I showed a couple of friends the price and the videos and they ordered a few of the katanas (from the Special Projects site) and a few of the sheaths (from ebay).

For those of you that dont mind modding out your katanas, here is a video with what one guy suggests and did himself.

And Zombie Go Boom also did a couple of video reviews on this katana as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Cold Steel Katana machete and LOVE it!! Actually just refinished the blade on it as the factory finish left alot to be desired. Also a couple pics of some of my other Zombie weapons. Lol.
i207.photobucket.com_albums_bb216_bass222000_null_zps4ba3d6b3.jpg

i207.photobucket.com_albums_bb216_bass222000_null_zps2d060e6f.jpg

i207.photobucket.com_albums_bb216_bass222000_null_zpse3364e32.jpg

i207.photobucket.com_albums_bb216_bass222000_null_zps6e056ed2.jpg

i207.photobucket.com_albums_bb216_bass222000_null_zps4d7b4d13.jpg

Back
Top Bottom