• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cold steel machete- very powerfully

Survivor Johnny

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
103   0
Reaction score
This machete is without a doubt the most powerful one I have ever seen. 2 swings put me thru a 2x4
it can chop, dig/pick or paddle a canoe.... Great survival tool but a little bigger than u might be used to. It will easily fit on the side of a backpack. No Zombie would stand a chance against it, lol

http://youtu.be/V7R8CsPwmds

in the video it goes thru the 2x4 on the second hit but it kinda broke it more than a clean chop thru

Last edited by a moderator:
Some other stuff -I carried this set up for a long time

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 75
Cold Steel ROCKS!

That looks like a monster of a tool. And while it is obviously versatile, I guess I like more blade to handle than that. For my BoBs I originally thought o get a hatchet and entrenching tool. But after getting a sweet Eastwing hatchet(all metal for durability) I realized just how heavy that would be on my back and how single purpose it is. Then too I had to add the weight of a camp shovel on top of it to accomplish more tasks. So I started looking again. I hit on the videos by Cold Steel both on theri site and on YouTube. And from there I ended up buying a Kukri Machete and a Magnum Kukri machete. After trying them both out a bit the Kukri became my at home yard machete and the Magnum Kukri got fed through the paracord I have laced around my BoB frame. It's close to two feet long, awesomely strong and durable, pointed enough to do some light digging and sharp enough to cut easily. It would make a grea t close quarters weapon but lacks the range and sheer poer of the two hander in your video.

My next target is the Two Handed Katana Machete. While I have two practical katanas they are weapons and weapons only. The katana machete is a powerful tool fit for fighting and general survival needs.

Take a look and see what you think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom