• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cobb county fair

right, but if I show up with the wife and my 2 young kids and I have to leave, I'm going to get beat up by 3 people...
We tried to take our kids a couple years back, the traffic was backed up to Austell rd, and didn't move. Sorry kids...

I couldn't imagine there being no carry at Cobb county fair, I wouldn't give a squat anyway, carry on.

Watch a few internet videos about local fairs and those rides that appear out of trailers and you will be more worried about those then gangbangers. I watched one where a bunch of folks/parents standing and watching had to literally hold the ride down from flipping over.

Is it legal to conceal at the Cobb county fair. I’m no lawyer, but the law reads public gatherings. I’m not sure if the North Georgia State fair qualifies
Not sure, but 100% there will be metal detectors. Haven't been in many many years but they always made you walk through a metal detector even when I was in my teens.

My guess is not, but if you show up and ask the deputies manning the entrance I doubt they'll hold it against you.

It's not legal for a county to ban guns from their property in a way that the guns would've been legal under state law. The state legislature has done full and complete preemption of any gun control by cities or counties.

So, if the fairground in question is public property, managed by the government, they can't say they're banning guns because it's a public gathering.
As others have pointed out, the public gathering part of our law was repealed years ago.

It's certainly not a government building because no government entity id housed there or meets their in their official capacity, right?

Not all 'government property' qualifies as a 'government building,"and only government buildings can be made off-limits by having restricted access (weapons screening checkpoint at the entrance).

I carried at the fair before. I packed fully concealed, and I chose a holster that had good retention because I knew I was going to ride the roller coaster. Nothing would ruin my day faster than to have my carry pistol pop out at an altitude of 50 feet going 30 miles an hour forward, and have it land in the crowd, and the first person who picks it up is an enthusiastic four-year-old who points it at his little brother and goes "bang! bang!"

I'm going to the North Georgia State Fair tomorrow...I don't recall any metal detectors in the past and neither did my wife as far as entry goes...anyone been this year? Just curious

Back
Top Bottom