Are you in?

• Yes, I want a USGI 1911

Votes: 61 29.9%
  • No thanks, priced too high

Votes: 117 57.4%
  • Tacos

Votes: 26 12.7%

• Total voters
It may be that people who wanted one...got one. They're on round two of the 1911 sales now and folks are asking for a round three.

Got mine yesterday, Still think the price is high but very happy with what I received. Late war RR slide and reciever, period correct barrel and Korean War era grips ( not matching sn) super smooth action.
Saved my nickels and dimes and passed on several deals that I really liked to get this pistol and my gun budget has now been depleted for the foreseeable future.
20210617_213321.jpg

It may be that people who wanted one...got one. They're on round two of the 1911 sales now and folks are asking for a round three.
Where is the link for it, I want one! I tried to find it and they said they weren't accepting new orders. If anybody see's these pop up again PLEASE tag me.

Got mine yesterday, Still think the price is high but very happy with what I received. Late war RR slide and reciever, period correct barrel and Korean War era grips ( not matching sn) super smooth action.
Saved my nickels and dimes and passed on several deals that I really liked to get this pistol and my gun budget has now been depleted for the foreseeable future.View attachment 3315525

Nice score man!
Mine is an Ithaca frame with a Remington Rand slide.

Where is the link for it, I want one! I tried to find it and they said they weren't accepting new orders. If anybody see's these pop up again PLEASE tag me.
The sign up for this round has closed. There is a possibility of a third round and the best thing is to sign up for the CMP notifications and they'll let you know when the applications start.

So now that the Army is fielding M17s and M18s maybe the next freedom loving administration will allow the CMP to sell off the Beretta M9s.

May be a while since these 1911s were issued from war stock in 1991 at the Ft. Benning CONUS Replacement Center during Desert Storm. I was issued one and wound up in a unit that only had M9s.

So now that the Army is fielding M17s and M18s maybe the next freedom loving administration will allow the CMP to sell off the Beretta M9s.

May be a while since these 1911s were issued from war stock in 1991 at the Ft. Benning CONUS Replacement Center during Desert Storm. I was issued one and wound up in a unit that only had M9s.
I was wondering about the M9's as well. Probably have to wait another 40 years.

Back
Top Bottom