Are you in?

• Yes, I want a USGI 1911

Votes: 61 29.9%
  • No thanks, priced too high

Votes: 117 57.4%
  • Tacos

Votes: 26 12.7%

• Total voters
Both my Father in Law and I sent in applications and we haven’t heard the first word back.
I have also thought about paying the $1050 and not knowing what I’ll get. I’ve heard from some on the CMP Forum they received the pistol and they are a mix of branded slides and grips. I dont see how that is going to be a collector item.
I may pass and spend less on a newer all original Colt if I get an email from CMP.

Both my Father in Law and I sent in applications and we haven’t heard the first word back.
I have also thought about paying the $1050 and not knowing what I’ll get. I’ve heard from some on the CMP Forum they received the pistol and they are a mix of branded slides and grips. I dont see how that is going to be a collector item.
I may pass and spend less on a newer all original Colt if I get an email from CMP.

I played with some of my Gunnies in Nam. I watched them refurbish 1911 in the armory hut..Many bins and all parts were inspected, if they did not like what they saw, they replaced it..They showed me a lot of fun stuff and games to be played..It wasn't all bad

I and several others believe that these pistols will become collectible as Arsenal-Referb Pistols.
Like everything that is collectable it has to start somewhere and the fact that these served in the US Military and are Arsenal Referbs Should and will add some collectability to these pistols.
Mind you I am not trying to change your mind, I am just stating what I believe is going to happen and I base this on some of the M1-Garand Rebuilds that some people prize and do collect for more than what was paid for the M1 Garands from the CMP.
I am buying one for that very reason, now do I hope I get a rem-rand with rem-rand slide or a colt with a colt slide, Yep I do, but a rebuild is what these are.
I will be happy with one of them regardless of what I get.

Someone got a nice RR in the mail!
I should have filled out the paperwork.
msNIUQK.jpg

I and several others believe that these pistols will become collectible as Arsenal-Referb Pistols.
Like everything that is collectable it has to start somewhere and the fact that these served in the US Military and are Arsenal Referbs Should and will add some collectability to these pistols.
Mind you I am not trying to change your mind, I am just stating what I believe is going to happen and I base this on some of the M1-Garand Rebuilds that some people prize and do collect for more than what was paid for the M1 Garands from the CMP.
I am buying one for that very reason, now do I hope I get a rem-rand with rem-rand slide or a colt with a colt slide, Yep I do, but a rebuild is what these are.
I will be happy with one of them regardless of what I get.
If Russian refurbished Mauser 98K rifles can become collectable, US refurbished 1911's will also.

Back
Top Bottom