• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CMP 1911 lottery round 2!!!!

MILSURP Collector

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Airborne Ranger
291   0
Reaction score
1911 PROGRAM will open again, ROUND 2 on 1/4/2021. There is an announcement that the CMP will start taking applications for the 1911’s on 1/4/2021, forms can’t be received before that date. It’s on the sales page under 1911. Good luck in round two. It’s only open to those that haven’t received a CMP 1911..

https://thecmp.org/sales-and-service/1911-information/

Were they worth it the first go around? I thought the prices were a bit steep. Is the general consensus that they were worth the money or not really?

Were they worth it the first go around? I thought the prices were a bit steep. Is the general consensus that they were worth the money or not really?

You're not likely to find another WWII vintage 1911 for their price. I got a GI replacement slide on a '42 Colt frame which was kind of a bummer but it happens. I'd say worth the money but with the caveat that like their Garand sales some people definitely get more lucky than others

Kevi's Ithaca (1).jpg
Kevi's Ithaca (2).jpg
Kevi's Ithaca (4).jpg
Kevi's Ithaca (5).jpg
You're not likely to find another WWII vintage 1911 for their price. I got a GI replacement slide on a '42 Colt frame which was kind of a bummer but it happens. I'd say worth the money but with the caveat that like their Garand sales some people definitely get more lucky than others

I've watched even ones with replacement slides go for over $1,400 on Gunbroker. You won't lose money if you ever decide to sell it.

BTW my Field Grade for $950 was as good as 2 Service Grades I have seen.

I have a very nice Cmp-papered Remington Rand 1911 with the case, docs, tag, etc......I wonder what I can get for it? The guy who actually bought it was in a bad spot and sold it to me

:laser:

Back
Top Bottom